I'm sure he doesn't mean to pressure me but I really feel that he wants me to work. If I could trim the household budget significantly (and that shouldn't be too hard!) I might feel better.
I had lunch with the Mermaid today and we were talking about this and I realised that I don't want to work in a hospital again. I guess that's one good thing. How easy it will be for me to find a job as a nurse out of the hospital system remains to be seen.
I cleaned Three's bathroom today. My hands still smell of bleach!
Tomorrow I was going to see the parents but Mum is having an ultrasound and they will want a nap when they get home and I don't want to sit in the waiting room with them cos she always complains about the length of time they have to wait. If they stopped turning up 45 minutes before their appointments they might find the wait is less! I am taking her to the surgeon on 3rd Feb which is different as they will be talking surgery and she hears what she wants to hear and Dad doesn't hear much at all!
I was going to catch up with ex-colleagues after seeing the parents but might take a rain check and go next week. It's a long way to drive for a 15 minute cup of coffee.
WW weigh in on Friday. I am so hoping that the damage of last week will not be too great. But at least I'm back on track and enjoying it.
I am still struggling with the whole not working and needing to feel productive (hence cleaning upstairs yesterday and downstairs today) and as I'm not seeing the folks tomorrow I need to decide how to spend the day. I'm thinking: change the fish tank water and clean out the pantry and fridge. Then I can either go for a bike ride or walk in the afternoon if the weather's reasonable. Or sit on the balcony and read a book. Or do a jigsaw puzzle. Or some sewing. Mornings for housework stuff and afternoons for me. Sounds like a plan.
That is a plan! I'm sure it won't take long and you'll get to feeling that no, time to take a whole day for me! :D
ReplyDeleteSo are you thinking of staying with nursing or changing career entirely? I once considered nursing when I was much much younger. Glad I didn't do it now - I've seen some of the patients they have to deal with! Medals all round, ladies and gents!
I find it INCREDIBLY easy to enjoy my days as a kept woman! I do what I want .. when I want... and just before Stew gets home from work I do some cleaning and get the dinner on... that way it looks like I've been slaving all day!
ReplyDeleteLOL
No, seriously, I do housework in the mornings and it's my time in the afternoons!
You should not feel guilty about not working right now.. and you sure in hell shouldn't be doing all the housework just to justify your being home! Pfffffft!
I would be really cross if my hubby started pointing out jobs on the net for me!