Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Half an hour turned into 3 DAYS!

We took the macbook into Apple on Sunday.  We had been told that the part would only take half an hour to install, it would be treated as a priority and a couple of hours would be the max we'd have to wait.

Dropped it off at about 11.30.  At 2.30 we went back to see how things were going.  There is only so much you can do at Chadstone after all!  It wouldn't be finished until late TUESDAY!!!!!  I was really pissed off.  The fix time was still half an hour (just exchanging a part).  Himself rang them today and they said it might be finished at close of business today.  He said he needed to know asap cos it meant a trip out of his way to pick it up.  They said they'd ring when it was ready.  He said he'd be on his way home.  They said they understood ... and would ring him when it was ready.  Anyway, they rang him back 10 minutes later and it was ready to be picked up.  Which is great but leaves me wondering how long it actually took to exchange the part and whether they just sat on the thing all this time when it would have taken a blink of an eye.  Also, it's warranty and from a previous life I know that warranty jobs often go to the end of the queue cos there's no or little money in them.

Anyway,  I have my baby back again and am happy.  And the Apple people we spoke with were very helpful and cooperative.  I think it's probably the 'back room boys' that were dictating whether or not my machine got done.

The past few days have been horrible from a weather perspective.  One and Ebs stayed with us until today.  The cool change came through late afternoon with some rain.  The last couple of days have seen temperatures over 40C and tomorrow it will be low to mid 20s!!  Gotta love Melbourne weather.

As a result of the weather I have done nothing over the past few days.  Himself and I walked around Chadstone a couple of times on Sunday so that would count for some exercise but other than that - zilch. As a result I feel really sluggish, the eating has started to go off the rails a bit and the wine consumption has increased.  Also I am soooo close to my first major goal (10%) I think there's a bit of old sabotage thinking happening.  If I set myself up for failure and then fail I can't be disappointed as opposed to doing everything right and still failing.  I never said I wasn't crazy!

I went to PT tonight and he worked me really hard and it was great.  I am having an omelette for dinner and have bought my fave low alcohol wine (I'd run out and was drinking full strength stuff which certainly didn't help).

Tomorrow I have a facial booked and will then go and catch up with my mates from the old job.  On that front ... I check daily to see if there is any thing out there that grabs me.  At the moment the answer is a resounding NO.  I think I will quietly research some courses to see if there is anything else I could do.  Massage therapy has always appealed but could be expensive to train in and there's no guarantee of work.  Also, not sure if the old bones and muscles would stand up to work like that although my PT said that I'd be good at it because I'm so strong.  Which was nice to hear!

OK ... off to cook dinner for me (Himself has made himself a pizza) and settle in for the evening.  We have the house back to ourselves (Three will be home later with the latest - not sure about her, yet.)  Tomorrow evening One and Ebs have invited us over for a bbq at there place with Two, Three, Chippy (an old mate of One's) and Ebs' parents.

Tomorrow will be good.

1 comment:

  1. It has been truly disgusting weather. The only thing joyous about going to work is finally getting into the airconditioning.

    Children's significant others are awkward, aren't they. I surely don't know how I'll react when the Teen brings home another...

    ReplyDelete