Friday, 2 January 2015

2015 BRING IT ON!!

Well, the best laid plans and all that.

We cleaned out the pantry and fridge and sent Two and Mads back to Sydney with all sorts of stuff and then Three came around and was sent home with tins of stuff and other sundry bits and pieces.

Tuesday came and we waited ... and waited ... and waited ... until 4.50 when with no delivery from Lite n Easy I rang them to be told that there had been a first time order glitch and our order had not been lodged.  This was despite an email from them with a confirmation number and my online history showing a lodged order.  NOT HAPPY!!!!  Boy, was I NOT HAPPY!!  Especially when I was told this was not uncommon.  The person I spoke to was very apologetic and helpful and arranged for a delivery to arrive today.  Some time between 9 and 5.

Last night I went to bed relatively early with plans to get up early and walk the dogs.  I want this to be my new regime as I find if I walk early then it's done and I'm less likely to find excuses later in the day.  Also if I walk early, I'm more inclined to go out again later.  And today the weather is hot hot hot.

Another best laid plan ...

Just after midnight the dog next door started barking.  And he barked for THREE HOURS.  He doesn't usually bark but his owners were obviously out and some idiots were setting off fireworks which is what got him started.  Poor dog, he was getting hoarser and hoarser and must have barked himself into exhaustion around 3.30.  Needless to say when I woke at 5.50 I was not enthused to leap out of bed but rolled over for another couple of hours kip.

When we did get up just after 9, himself went downstairs and found two eskies at the front door.  *HAPPY DANCE*.  I quickly unpacked them and put the contents in the fridge or freezer.  At this point I must apologise for not taking a photo!  I had planned to photograph the whole thing but I guess two polystyrene eskies aren't too difficult to imagine.

We took the dogs for a good walk and came home to work out what was what.

Breakfast today was a bowl of cereal, a bagel with egg mayo and bacon and a little tub of diced peaches.  I was most impressed with the quality and the quantity.  Because we started the day rather late I still haven't had the peaches and my lunch of a bread roll with turkey and cranberry sauce still awaits.  As do the snacks of an apple, a rather generous looking bag of popcorn and a slice of cake.

Himself is on a higher calorie allowance and has everything I do plus extras ... I will be interested to see if he manages to eat it all but considering he is a bit of a grazer I am guessing he will.

The dinners are frozen and will be the real test.

So, apart from the initial glitch (which was quite serious in my book, but adequately resolved - we got a discount on this order, too) I am quite pleased with things so far.

A huge change in our lifestyle will be not working out what to eat, shopping for it and then preparing it.  But there is enough preparation to feel that we are involved in our meals.

I know that Paleo/LCHF/Primal are the in thing at the moment and I strongly agree with the principles behind this type of eating but I've come to realise that not everyone is cut from the same cloth and it doesn't matter how good a plan is if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you. The only way I can see Himself and me getting a good start on weight loss and healthier eating is by handing over the planning/counting/shopping/preparation to someone else.  That way we don't have temptation in the house, we don't lead each other astray and we can relearn portion sizes.  And what I've seen so far in my magic esky is a lot of fresh food so that can't be bad, can it?

Not much else is happening here.  As I said before it's hot today so that means I will be bunkered down at home.  I have a book to finish for bookclub, a knitted blanket to be finished (but don't really feel like handling knitted stuff in the heat), a couple of quilts to design and start for Two and Three and various jobs to do around the house.  The boys gave me a box of Nude by Nature cosmetics for Christmas.  I need to go through my bathroom drawers and toss out all my old makeup and make room for the lovely fresh stuff to go with my lovely new fresh look!

So before I waffle on much more I shall hit the "publish" button and find a cool spot to sit in.

###############

  I knicked this image from the Lite n Easy website.  Chicken enchiladas and I think this is what we will be having for dinner.  I wonder if they will look quite like this!!

###########################

I suppose I should put my starting weight up here.  I'm not happy at all but there you go.  If I was, I wouldn't be writing all this would I?

So ... 2/1/15  I weigh 92.8kgs.  *hangs head*


1 comment:

  1. I'm 5' 1" and I think I weigh at least that so no shame. :)

    I'm following the Lite n Easy journey with interest.

    ReplyDelete