Yesterday's lunch:
And it was delicious. The salad was lovely and fresh and the dressing was so yummy. The chicken was proper chicken, not the processed stuff.
It doesn't look the most appetising but it's hard to make a curry with rice and veges look elegant if you're not a food stylist! It had an interesting flavour. Definitely had some heat in it which was fine with both of us. I'm guessing being a Malay curry, the spices used are different from the ones we're used to. My initial reaction was uncertain but after finishing it I have decided to give it another go. I microwaved this meal. Next time I might try heating it in the oven.
My snacks were a muffin which I had with an iced coffee and some roasted almonds that I had with my soda water and lime and I added a sprig of mint as well which was really refreshing. I had the strawberry yoghurt with the tropical crush after dinner and both were more than acceptable.
So far so good!
*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*
DAY 3 (Sunday)
Yay for the cool change that came through late yesterday. It was still quite muggy overnight but I did get up and take the dogs for a walk.
When I got home I had the creamy almond and vanilla oats for breakfast followed by two slices of multigrain toast with butter and honey. I was delighted to see that it was actually butter and not margarine or other low fat abomination. My only complaint was there really wasn't enough to cover 2 slices of toast so next time I might just have one slice and see if I get hungry. Himself had 2 slices of fruit and muesli toast with butter (he got two packets of butter!) and a passionfruit yoghurt.
Lunch was soy chicken tender, asian salad and peking bbq sauce in a wrap. And it was delicious! I shall post a photo tomorrow. My only complaint was that the cucumber slices were a little dry but that wasn't noticeable once combined with the chicken and sauce. And again, it was real chicken.
Snacks today are a small piece of ciabatta bread to be toasted and spread with tomato bruschetta and a piece of chocolate cake. The fruit from lunch was a small packet of raisins and I have a kiwi fruit from breakfast. I would have preferred some more substantial fruit - either fresh or in a cup but we'll see how we go. Himself gets some rice crackers and a baked potato bolognese as his extra snacks to make up his calorie allowance. As he has always been a bit of a grazer he is appreciating the extra snacks.
Dinner tonight: a tasmanian salmon pasta for him and a butter chicken for me.
*************************
I'm certain I will get bored of documenting this on a daily basis but if I can keep it up for a week and then maybe do a week by week summary it will give me something to look back on.
We had to go to Bunnings (well, it is Sunday) and I bought some seeds and a geranium. The veges/herbs I planted at the start of summer had past their use by date and as we won't be cooking from scratch for a wile I couldn't see the point in replanting so the tomato pot now sports a rather handsome red geranium and the vege trug and coriander pot have been seeded with flowers. Hopefully the balcony will look rather gorgeous as we head into late summer/early autumn. Aaaahhhhh .... autumn - my favourite time of the year. Only another couple of months.
I have nearly finished "The Narrow Road to the Deep North" and am now really enjoying it. It's not an easy read for several reasons but it is well worth it and is one of those books that I think I will keep recalling over time to come.
The knitted rug is nearly there, too. It may take a bit longer than it should to finish as I am trying to crochet a border and have never crocheted in my life. That is my first project for my craft afternoons this year. There is a woman who used to be a professional knitter and she is going to teach me to crochet properly.
+++++++++++++++++
On a sad note, the bush fire season has hit with a vengeance, especially in South Australia. My heart goes out to those who have lost property and in particular, to those whose cats and dogs perished when a cattery/kennel was unable to be saved from the fires. What makes my blood boil is how many of these fires are deliberately lit. No punishment is too harsh for these people.
I shall have to google to find out what your book club book is about. I'm always open to new books and authors. Heaven knows when I'd be able to fit it in though as my current to be read list is huge. I book swap with a friend and she's keeping me very well stocked!
ReplyDeleteThe food sounds delicious. Certainly seems a more than adequate amount.