I slept for over 13 hours last night. Himself woke me at 1pm (yes it was midnight when I went to bed!). I wonder what time I would have woken if he had let me sleep. I haven't been feeling great but a RAT came back negative so it's just me.
Needless to say I haven't done much today.
I warped on the next scarf to sell (hopefully)
I have made a batch of pumpkin and coconut soup which we will have have with homemade cheese rolls. The soup tastes delicious and there will be heaps left over so meals to grab from the freezer. As I always freeze batches of unbaked rolls we will have an easy meal for a chilly autumn evening. If we ever get them!
A friend gave me a jigsaw puzzle. I LOVE jigsaw puzzles but so does The Stig. Himself made me a folding board so I can close it to keep furry paws out of the way when I'm not doing it. Not that I need anything else to keep me occupied.
This isn't The Stig but it could be his brother. Same colouring and annoying helpfulness. You understand why I need something to cover the puzzle with. Unfortunately nothing stops him lying on the puzzle as I'm working on it but he just so gorgeous I forgive him. And any attempts to move him result in pieces going missing!
Wine o'clock and knitting time, methinks.
Yes you definitely needed it. Between the Weather and all your family issues your probably exhausted
ReplyDeleteI too cannot wait for cool autumn nights. I really look forward to shorter days and a roaring fire. My house just feels nicer during the cooler months
I completely agree. I love winter. It feels much calmer and easy going.
DeleteGiven you didn't rise until one o'clock, you achieved quite a bit. You must have really needed the restorative sleep.
ReplyDeleteI often wonder what I could achieve if I rose when normal people do. I can't imagine how I kept a job. Let alone when I nursed and would get home at midnight to be up at 6 to start the next shift at 7.
DeleteMust be something to do with youth.
Sleep is the best medicine.
ReplyDeleteYour soup sounds delicious, never had that before, enjoy.
The soup is easy. Fry/sweat an onion in olive oil. Stir in a couple of spoons of curry powder, add the pumpkin and some stock. Puree the pumpkin when soft then stir in a tin of coconut cream.
DeleteCats and boxes - they seem to have a deadly attraction for each other!
ReplyDeleteAdd plastic and The Stig is in heaven.
Delete