I went to craft. R wasn't there and hasn't been since our conversation.
I picked Sally up from school
We went grocery shopping for One and his lot because they have Covid.
We dropped the shopping off at their front door.
I drove to Amy's work in the rain and even the detour was detoured - bloody roadworks.
I had to drive home in the rain and deepening dusk and got lost and had to turn right onto a busy road with no traffic lights across a lot of traffic - bloody roadworks.
I gave C the scarf I made for her to give to her friend and she loves it. I forgot to take a photo but will ask her to take one for me.
Takeaway pizza for dinner even though I had a hankering for baked spuds after Andrew's post this morning. Maybe spuds tomorrow.
ABI Brother and Mother were much delayed to the family gathering last Sunday by the road works, that weren't actually happening. Four of us worked on a good route back home.
ReplyDeleteI think I forgot to mention that Idaho potatoes are cooked and served in foil.
I don't love Mirren but I do like her thought.
More Covid. When will the nightmare end?
You mentioned the family gathering and I should have told you about the detours. I forget even when people are coming to visit me. Whoops. It's a damned nuisance if you don't know the area.
DeleteTonight we might have spuds.
That last photo, perfect advice.
ReplyDeleteI shall endeavour to put it into practice!
DeleteThose bloody roadworks are so very annoying. I have no idea why they have to do all the roads at the same time and leave us just one way for everything. I know in the end it will be much better. But I seriously don’t think I’m going to last that long.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it home safe and sound
Angela, the one that got me was when they detoured everyone onto South Gippy Highway and then thought it a good idea to resurface it and have it one lane and 40k limit.
DeleteThat's a busy day - no wonder you're tired. We have two seasons here - pothole season (AKA winter) and roadworks season (the rest of the year).
ReplyDeleteLove it, Chris. Sadly we also have pothole season but they never get properly fixed. To the point that our esteemed government is talking about reducing the speed limit on country roads to avoid the damage to vehicles rather than fix the holes. Maybe they will raise enough in speeding fines to pay for the repairs to the roads.
Delete