Sunday, 7 August 2022

Sunday stuff

When blogger locked me out and I had to use my phone I had a thought that maybe I could post photos from there. And I can (OK - blindingly obvious to some!)

In the past I have had to share to something I could see on my PC and copy and paste. I would never do a written post from my phone but it's great being able to post photos.

Last night's dinner was delicious. Way too much but oh so yummy. 



This morning when I took the dogs down I took some photos of the plants in the back garden.



White daphne peeping through the railings on the steps.


My jasmine heavy with bud. It will smell spectacular when it blossoms.


This is the old, traditional daphne that came with the house. It is intertwined with the fishbone fern but seems happy so I leave it.



One of the first pink camellias. This bush will be full of them soon. It's a shame they drop their petals so quickly.


This afternoon we went and had a look at the old Caribbean Gardens. This used to be a fun park with rides and the like. Then it became known as a food market before turning into a cheap market full of Chinese crap imports. It was then sold off, I believe, and they now have stalls one can hire and place your wares and if someone wants to purchase they take the item to the front and pay for it and each item has a tag with the number of the stall so the stall holder can get paid. I guess it's a good idea in theory as it means you don't have to be there all the time. But there was an incredible amount of absolute junk and the stalls were around $175 a month (from memory).

Every weekend they have special days. Today was records but we didn't check them out. A couple of weeks ago there was a hot-rod show. They do craft days which the girls and I are going to look into as the stalls are very cheap to hire and it would be a fun day out with maybe a sale or two to make it even better.

A bit of a busy week coming up. I plan to go to a new knitting group with Angela on Wednesday and then J and C and I are going to Little Woolies on Thursday for a yarn fix. I may or may not go to the Friday group. It depends on how I feel after 2 days out. I only have to get Sally on Wednesday this week which will be a bit of a break.

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried to blog via my phone - hopefully I'll never need to. I notice you make bread often. I've never successfully made bread but one day I'll try again. There are so many videos online now surely I can copy one and achieve success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not hard Lynda, especially if you have a mixer with a dough hook that takes the work out of the initial kneading.

      Delete
  2. The variety of plants in your garden is impressive. Ex Sis in Law's three metre tall red camelia was in full bloom last weekend, with the similar white fully budded but not flowering yet.

    Your dinner looks wonderful. My poor memory perhaps but why can't you use Blogger from your PC?

    Pop, pop. Can we go to the Caravan Gardens. Like I was disappointed to one day realise there was no such thing as Father Christmas, one day I realised Caribbean Gardens submarine did not go underwater, with just the windows filling up with water. The train trip around the site, seeing dinosaur sculptures was great. We were last there a couple of times in the 1990s and it was neglected and heaps of cheap and illegal stuffs for sale. The mother of a former partner of Hippie Niece had a stall there and some kind of gang trashed her long time stall. I guess she wouldn't pay them. She never went back.

    I thought Caribbean Gardens had closed and was to become housing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I think you're right re the housing. All the open areas are fenced off. I'm not sure how long the market building will be there but I guess it's a way of making money while the permit processes grind on. I never knew the place in its heyday.
      Blogger wouldn't let me log in a few weeks ago around the time that others were having issues. At least it taught me how to get photos here easily. I am a slow learner sometimes.

      Delete
  3. That camellia is gorgeous. I wonder if they would grow here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can grow hibiscus I can't see why you couldn't grow camellias. A quick google search said yes but it depends how far north you are. They are a beautiful plant with so many stunning colours and blooms.

      Delete
  4. The old Caribbean gardens, back in the 80’s was always full of great stuff. I would buy cheap clothes and re style them.
    I don’t know if I like the idea of having to go to once place to pay. I guess it helps cut down on tax evasion and the selling of illegal stuff like burnt DVDs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more so that the stall holders don't have to be there all the time. There was some dodgy looking stuff there!

      Delete