Wednesday, 3 August 2022

Whoops

I think I have just sent Sally home on the back of a sugar crash! I don't think I will be very popular.

In my defense I did promise to bake with her today. She wanted to bake cupcakes (using my super quick super easy cream recipe). As you know, I don't use a lot of sugar in my baking but she did manage to eat rather a lot of raw batter as we were filling the cupcake holders. She then got to scrape the bowl and lick the beater. I was going to use whipped cream but she wanted icing and I had run out of sprinkles so we decided on chocolate icing with which she liberally coated the cupcakes and then proceeded to lick THAT bowl as well. And eat two cupcakes liberally doused with chocolate icing. Himself and I had a couple each and the rest have gone home with her. She has gone home with a sore tummy and is very pale which is classic symptoms of a Sally sugar crash.

I blame the Tim Tam.


6 comments:

  1. Bad Granny. But licking the bowl and the beaters is a right for children. If the grands don't clean the beaters fully, the dogs will. They will be spotless and no need to put them into the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! The dogs line up for their turn. Even the cats get in on it, now.

      Delete
  2. Andrew, I don't think I'd like kid or doggy spit on my beaters. I hope you are just kidding about skipping the dish washing!
    Sparkling, Sally will have fond memories of baking with grandma despite the tummy ache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, the beaters and bowl get thoroughly washed in hot, hot water and detergent. No one has got sick yet.
      Sally is already saying how much she loves baking with Granny. I think Granny is the only one who lets her lick the beaters!

      Delete
  3. It’s the job of all great cooks to taste all they make.
    It’s quality control at its best.
    And the most fun of all is licking the bowl and beaters lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot understand people who cook but don't taste what they've made. How can they know what it needs? Sally loves cooking and is a real mini masterchef. She judges all my creations!

      Delete