I had planned to do a good, bad and ugly post but realised that too many things fell into all three categories, or at least two of them!
- Family and friends definitely in all three
- The death of mother in law - again all three ... good she is finally at peace, bad the fact that she is no longer here, ugly the behaviour of certain members of her "community"
- Wee Henry - good obviously that he is here but bad he has had to face health issues at such a young age.
- Politics were definitely all three
Nutting it all out, though, I think the good will usually win out if we take the things that make us happy and focus less on the things that make us sad and angry because at the end of the day we do have a choice over the balance of positive and negative.
I am so glad I have continued with my yarn crafts. They bring me so much joy and I have made some really good friends though them and have enjoyed some quiet solitude as well.
I am over the moon that I resurrected and continued with my blog - it has given me an outlet and has led me to so many wonderful people waaaay across the world and right around the corner.
I am thrilled with my venture into vege gardening and am looking forward to learning more and growing more next year.
It sucked that I had so many bugs this year (including the spiky virus) but I am still here and my health is, to a huge extent, up to me and my choices.
I am grateful that Himself and I are still as strong as ever after nearly 48 years of knowing each other. (This could also be under the bad and the ugly!).
So as we settle down for a quiet night in I wish you all a very happy New Year. Be kind to yourself and to others. Laugh more and stress less and remember that the older we get, the less shit matters.
And I won scrabble for the year!

Enjoy your quiet night in. It's what we shall be doing in 12 hours or so! Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Frances.
DeleteMay 2023 bring good health for you and all the family and lots of happiness.
ReplyDeleteJust seen NZ change years with lots of fireworks. Waiting now for Australia
Thank you. I love the idea of chasing the new year around the world.
DeleteJust think- it is already 2023 where you are (I think!) and we have an entire day to wait.
ReplyDeleteThe good, the bad, and the ugly- hard to find anything in this life that does not have at least a touch of all three, isn't it? Well. I do love what you said about how as the older we get, the less shit matters.
Amen, lady.
Congratulations on Scrabble!
Happy New Year.
It was indeed this year when you wrote that.
DeleteHave a wonderful 2023, dear friend.
I'm still not used to you being a day ahead and I keep missing posts. Well done on the scrabble. You're right about the fact that so many things are good, bad and ugly, all at the same time. I'm sorry to hear that your son's dog has to be put down. Even when it's necessary, it's still painful, although I would never let an animal suffer.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Thank you, Pixie. I find the changes between daylight savings and standard time around the world throws my blog reading schedule right off!
DeleteHappy New Year to you, too.
Happy New Year, Caro!
ReplyDeleteThank you Steve. And congrats on your laughing horse award.
Deleteyay! You're the Scrabble Champ! It has been a mixed year - as I suppose most years are. But you're right, let's try to focus on the positive and keep smiling. Wishing you a good one.
ReplyDeleteI think we all had high hopes for 2022 after the previous two years. I suppose it's no surprise it came up lacking.
DeleteHere's to a better 2023
Good for you...Scrabble Champ.
ReplyDeleteMost people can add to... the good, the bad and the ugly, some things as you say can be in all three, at the end of the day it's all stuff that has come and gone and we live with the results of the decision we and others have made. To me a New Year is to focus on positive and carry on.
Cheers
All the best wishes for 2023.
Wise words, Pat. Have a wonderful 2023
DeleteI agree. Concentrating on the positive and forget the negatives.
ReplyDeleteLife is about your choices. And they’re the only ones you can control.
Happy new year. May it be filled with love, laughter and yarn
So true, Angela.
DeleteI hope you're saving up for the trip to Hastings!
Well done on the Scrabble front. Won by a whisker, hey. A very happy 2023 to you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Andrew. Congratulations to you on your Laughing Horse award. Both you and Steve - I am humbled by your presence!
Delete