Wee Henry had his scope today. The results are a tad inconclusive (he does have an issue with his epiglottis and something else but I couldn't hear them as they were in the car) and he is being referred to a paediatric ENT specialist in Sydney. Worst case scenario is he will require surgery. Best case is he will grow out of it. He is eating well and gaining weight (poor little tacker is only 5 weeks old). We are coming into Summer so that is a good thing but his sisters go to day care and that is a bad thing as we know how germs spread in day care. The objective is to keep him healthy and bug free. If he gets sick then he must go to hospital asap. I might have shed a tear quietly where no one could see me. I plan to head up there in February. January is a bit of a lost cause in many ways so we will aim for Feb but I have said I will go up in a heartbeat if I am needed sooner.
I had planned to bake anyway today but it was something I could do mindlessly while listening to music and not think too much about the family up north. I think I was quite productive! Sugar crusted chocolate Christmas trees and a swag of pfeffernusses. I doubled both recipes. I nearly had a disaster as I was just sifting the dry ingredients for the pfeffernusses when I realised I hadn't doubled the spices. They would have been very bland!
Last night mother nature turned on a beautiful sunset.
I am now going to have a gin and try and get some more of that sock knitted. Himself has a psychologist appointment at 6 so will pick up pizza on the way home.
I will leave you with this ...
Three's brother in law works as a baker in one of our large supermarket chains. Guess what these are? They will be on the shelves on Monday.





Looks like you had an eventful day yourself. The cookies would have been nice to have first thing in the morning
ReplyDeleteThe pfeffernusse would be lovely with a morning coffee.
DeleteAs long as there’s no chocolate in them I don’t mind when they make an appearance!
ReplyDeleteOh and I do hope the little one has no obstacles put in the way of his recovery
DeleteCathy, the trees have cocoa in them but the pfeffernusse are chocolate free. I wish I could drop some over!
DeleteWe are hoping for the best with Henry. His parents are wonderful.
Yes, you should go and visit your northern family. They need to know their grandma. Peffs (I refuse to learn to the spelling) without adequate spice would not be great. Chocolate chip cookies or maybe not? I like chocolate itself but little else with chocolate.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for technology. Our northern granddaughters know us through zoom and face time. We will be zooming on Christmas Eve so all the cousins can see each other.
DeleteNo chocolate chips, just cocoa which I think gives a nicer flavour.
Worrying about the baby, and I hope all goes well with him. I like your displacement activity baking frenzy.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had PND I would clean the house twice a day and bake every afternoon. Not bad with a newborn and two slightly older boys to entertain. Not surprisingly, I crashed not long after.
DeletePoor baby. I remember taking Katie for testing as a tiny baby and it was horrifying. I hope he's okay, and yes, go visit.
ReplyDeleteYou've been industrious with the baking. I stress bake too:)
Take care and sending hugs half way round the world.
Thank you Liz. I think Two found it more stressful as it brought back memories of his issues with his throat when he was in his teens. Stress baking is the best, isn't it?
DeleteYou need some antipodean hugs so sending some back to you xx
Who is going to be getting all of those beautiful cookies?
ReplyDeleteA parent's worst nightmare, I think, is having to go through this sort of thing with a baby, especially. May the little guy just outgrow it.
Some will be put out tomorrow and I will be taking some to the Mermaid on Christmas Day. I have already had to stop Himself from sticking his hands in the biscuit barrel!! They won't go to waste, that's for sure.
DeleteWe are all hoping he grows out of this quickly.
Poor wee Henry. Thank goodness the problem was discovered and is being watched. Monitored I mean.
ReplyDeleteHis mum wasn't too concerned as he is feeding well and gaining weight but others had commented on his breathing so it has been caught in a timely fashion.
DeleteJust catching up on earlier posts. What gorgeous grands you have!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Liz. We are a bit biased but I tend to agree.
DeleteThe Stalker
ReplyDeleteSending positive thoughts for Henry….š♥️
Wonder if 3s brother in law used your recipeš¤£
Have a lovely Christmas with your family and hope the pups and cats get some chewy presents as well as some of the Christmas feast
Thank you stalker. Hot cross buns are something I will never make!
DeleteThe four legged fiends will be well fed, I promise you!
It’s hard when they’re so far away.
ReplyDeleteYour baking looks great. And those hot cross buns are way too early. Seriously Mary’s waters haven’t broken yet