I did it. I went to Karingal and I survived!
We hit Aldi first and got the deli meat slicer that Three has said he wanted. I also finished off the big girls presents with some age appropriate jigsaw puzzles.
Then I went to Big W and bought a couple of dresses for Alice and a Pokemon stuffed toy. Sally loves Pokemon so I am sure she will approve of her sister's present.
I then went to the $2 looking for round cake tins. There are none to be had anywhere. By this stage I was getting overwhelmed so Himself and I sat and had a coffee in a not very full cafe (bonus) and nutted out our strategy for the rest of the kids. Supermarket vouchers to their preferred supermarket, a bottle of whisky for One and some smellies for Ebs and Amy. I also got a bottle of green ant gin for The Mermaid's daughter and her fiancé. They love gin, it is a nice gin and has the quirkiness of the green ants.
Baking ingredients for tomorrow, nibbles for Saturday, coleslaw and the makings for a potato salad also purchased.
Home in one piece with my sanity intact. I kept thinking of Ms Moon's funny about Mary's waters breaking. It made me smiled and I shared it with other shoppers. All in all it was a much better experience than I expected and everyone seemed to be trying to be kind and considerate to all around them which almost felt like a first. Maybe we are all feeling it this Christmas.
A couple of games of scrabble and it is now time to change the shitty litter as it is bin night. The sock is coming along well and, bar any unforeseen incidents, should be finished by Sunday.
A brief chat with One cemented my plan to make Christmas Eve low key and calm. The littlies will be hyped up enough over the next few days so I am sure everyone will like to start the festivities with a few drinks, family and little fuss.
I think I will win Christmas this year.
You didn't buy anything for yourself! A new dress for Christmas Day? Chocolate covered aniseed rings? A Magnum ice cream on a warm day? A bottle of Gordon's lemon flavoured?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that the little meme helped. To me it sounds like you are doing a tremendous amount for Christmas. As in- is anyone else doing anything? I know you will be so glad when it is all done.
ReplyDeleteI am baking cos I enjoy it. We are doing cold meats and salad and there are only 6 adults and 4 kidlets so no different to a regular weekend lunch. It's the crazy commercialism that gets my blood up.
DeleteYou do seem to be very active. I hope other people are doing their share, too! Merry Yule!
ReplyDeleteMy busyness is most people's normal activity! I avoid crowded shops at the best of times.
DeleteIt is a battle, isn't it? I was surprised that your husband went gift shopping with you, neither of my husbands have ever gone gift shopping with me
ReplyDeleteI have done it on my own in the past and do prefer it but since the lockdowns I am even worse in crowded shops so having him there keeps me grounded. He doesn't help with choices but will stand in the queue at the checkout and pay while I go on to the next shop. Works well.
DeleteYour very brave to face the shopping centre this time of year.
ReplyDeleteGin sounds like it would be a great present. I hope you survive the silly season. And I hope I do too. We might need some yarn therapy once it’s all over and done with
They love their gin. They nearly cleaned me out when they came to stay a couple of years ago!
DeleteAnd we will make a date for a visit to Little Woollies in January.
Delete