Monday, 26 December 2022

Done and dusted

Yesterday was lovely. We sat outside and played move the umbrella to chase the shade. We drank lovely drinks and ate delicious food.

I gave the Mermaid the zucchini I grew just for her. She is almost vegetarian so this will be well used. 



I gave her the socks I finished knitting at 11 am on Christmas Day - and then found a dropped stitch that I had to fix. I have no idea how long they will last but they fit so I can repeat the process - hopefully without the numerous frogging and tinking I did with this pair! She has very wide feet which I was able to accommodate.


We came home and played a game of scrabble (it is getting to the pointy end of the year) and had leftovers from Christmas Eve. I wonder if I could ever get sick of cold chook, ham and salad.

I sat and watched telly and knitted (yes I am a glutton for punishment and have started a pair of socks for Himself). Mother Nature turned on this sunset ...


... and then gave me this ...


Today I slept in. Like REALLY slept in. I did have to get up and let the dogs out because Himself had a blocked ear and vertigo but instead of staying up I went back and dozed on and off cos I had promised myself this luxury. (And might have had a few too many adult beverages yesterday).

I then faffed around on the internet and was, once again, so grateful for the blogging friends I have made this past year and a bit. It is a wonderful community.

Himself went to the supermarket for dog food and dinner for us. He came home saying we would have BLTs if I could bake some rolls - so I did. 

Another couple of games of scrabble (one all but I am 4 games ahead as we race to the finish line), some relaxing knitting (no pressure), watered the very dry garden and now I am having a glass of red before having dinner and then watching the last two episodes of Wednesday.

So many thoughts running through my head around Christmas and the expectations thereof - hopefully I can remember for future navel gazing content.

On Thursday we have my brothers and their wives for lunch. 

Breathe, Sparkling, just breathe.



 

12 comments:

  1. It all sounds like the day went well. Good luck with Thursday, a little more difficult I think.
    We were in the Gateway shopping centre for the first time today to buy three French sticks for the Boxing Day bash put on by Ex Sis in Law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Lovely sunset and moon photos.

      Delete
    2. If I had known I would have stalked you!
      That window is perfect for sunset photos.

      Delete
  2. Chasing the shade sounds so different from anything I've ever experienced on Christmas day. Sounds like a lovely day and everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mermaid's dress is so pretty! So is she.
    Do I dare to try and just relax today? I'm certainly not going to be working in the yard in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a very special person.
      I agree - it is way to hot to be outside in this weather!!!

      Delete
  4. It looks like a great day of enjoyment for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best way to relax after all the activities of the big day. Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the days just after Christmas are the quietest of the year. There are no expectations.

      Delete
  6. The weather certainly did turn it on for the festive season.
    Thank gawd for aircon I say.
    My sock yarn came from bendigo wool mills. So I’ll cast on socks to knit while relaxing inside.
    Enjoy your lunch.

    ReplyDelete