It wasn't the worst of days but it wasn't the best of days.
There were no harsh words. There were no uncomfortable conversations although it came close.
My tension levels were through the roof and still haven't really subsided.
I love Himself to bits. He is my best friend and I cannot imagine life without him. I know he loves me and would do anything for me but there is a glitch in his matrix that brings out something when he is around certain people. I could see he was trying but that pot was stirred. Fortunately the others had the kindness to ignore him.
Or maybe I am over-sensitive at the moment.
I have written and re-written this post and will leave it here.
At least we had none of this ...

Reminds me of the old saying: Families….can’t live with them - can’t live without them. At least you’ve lived to tell the tale. Happy New Year if I don’t come calling again this week 🥂
ReplyDeleteThank you Cathy. And Happy New Year to you, too.
DeleteSending hugs. Family is hard.
ReplyDeleteYou know more than most, I fear.
DeleteWell, you survived!
ReplyDeleteI did, Liz.
DeleteI prefer the saying, "Families...can't live with them, can't kill them."
ReplyDeleteIs that rude?
You made it. You did it. Now let the waters of time smooth over the rough places again.
Oh the temptation has been there. I could have quietly decked Mrs Teacher because she is a sanctimonious prat.
DeleteWell, at least it all turned out OK!
ReplyDeleteFamily is hard work
ReplyDeleteSometimes minimal explanation says more than great detail. You got through it unbroken. Well done.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Andrew. Bent but not broken.
DeleteFamilies just know those buttons to push. I’m thinking you did really well to get through it. And yes it takes a few days to decompress again.
ReplyDeleteJust think. Another 12 whole months before we need to deal with it all again.
Sometimes I think I push my own buttons!
DeleteThe Stalker….Phew!♥️
ReplyDeleteIndeed!
Delete