I wrapped the kids' and kidlets' presents. Must be done with a glass of fizz.
The tree was assembled. It will look better tomorrow, I promise.
Himself went to the shops. I asked him to grab a couple of chooks for tomorrow (along with some ham and other cold meats) and he decided he would order them for pick up tomorrow. I'm not sure if the chook man actually laughed but we now have two chooks in the fridge for tomorrow. Himself was told if he wanted a chance of getting a chook tomorrow he would need to be there at 7 am and no guarantees! The chooks will be served cold so I see no reason why buying them today was an issue. Three dropped over on his way to his in-laws for their regular Friday night dinner. It was lovely to have a chat with him on his own.
We played a couple of games of scrabble and someone (not me) didn't want to put the lasagne in the oven when someone else (me) suggested it would be a good idea. He is head chef so I am not rocking that boat but dinner will be very late tonight!
Tomorrow I will do what has to be done before the kids get here then I will enjoy the first family Christmas chez nous in a very long time.


I will sometime ask hubby. What would he like for dinner. And he’ll answer I’m not hungry yet. Yes. But it takes time to cook so I need to know now what it is going to be sigh They just don’t get it
ReplyDeleteI can't complain as he does all the cooking at the moment!
DeleteIt is such a different kind of Christmas in Australia but it sounds nice still. We had a couple of young friends over last evening and didn't end up eating until 7:30, so decadent for us:) It was nice to see the young people. I used to work with the young woman and she and her boyfriend are both training to become paramedics. She's just a bit of a thing, but a spitfire. She'll do well.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day. I think it will be Christmas Eve by the time you get this message, not sure.
It is indeed Christmas Eve, Pixie, I am just about to start getting the house ready. The sun is shining and it is already warming up.
DeleteI think you're at Christmas Eve? Merry Christmas and enjoy your time together.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Liz. Keep warm over there!
DeleteChampaign will provide that relief to most people :)
ReplyDeleteIt certainly took the pain out of wrapping!
DeleteI'm sure you will all have a wonderful time. I am not looking forward to the drive to your town. Maybe I should use the old way, Western Port Highway.
ReplyDeleteNot sure how bad the Monash will be but I would go that way and Westernport. And then you can wave in my general direction as you drive past Gateway! All roads out of the city will be busy I would imagine. Eastlink and Penlink are a nightmare with everyone trying to get down to the peninsular.
DeleteEnjoy your family time with Himself and the kids and grands.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Chris.
Delete