Friday, 2 December 2022

Friday on my mind.

Two sent me this photo of Audrey and her baby brother, Henry. I wonder if the novelty will wear off!


When he face-timed me when Henry was not even two days old I commented on him (Henry) looking a little jaundiced (and he was tired all the time and not feeding well, other common signs). Mads said the midwife had been and he most certainly was NOT jaundiced (I forgot that Mads doesn't like her mother in law commenting on anything child rearing related). The next day the midwife said Henry was jaundiced and here he is getting some good old fashioned sunshine for the UV qualities. Granny didn't say a word. 



Alice was dropped off at 8.30. Around 9 she starting screaming and crying and was inconsolable. Something was causing her pain and all I could do was hold her and soothe her as best as I could. As suddenly as she started she stopped and was all smiles for the rest of the day. I am thinking teeth as she is cutting some pretty impressive molars at the moment. She slept from 10 - 12.30. I could have got her down again this afternoon but Mum was coming to pick them up and I was more than happy to see them go!
Here she is doing a "high five".

I gave Sally her socks and she was thrilled with them. I got lots of hugs. What looks like a dress is in fact a pair of very flared pants her mum made her.


We popped into craft and Sally was so excited to see the ladies again. We went to the park and she had a good swing and a chat to little boy who was there with his granddad. Granddad seemed a bit bemused by Sally's constant chatter - wee Jacob was a very quiet little boy. Sally did some painting and Alice ran around the house and we played climb the stairs over and over again.

Granny is exhausted.

The weekend is forecast to have temps over 30C. As long as the humidity stays low I won't complain. Too much.

12 comments:

  1. Climbing stairs. I wouldn't do that. One can only care so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only five so I can supervise from the bottom.

      Delete
  2. I did think of you today. I’m exhausted with one!
    I love the socks. We really need to get together and have a sock making workshop. It’s getting too hot to work on the big blanket so socks might be the go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks are perfect. I carry mine wherever I go now. Let's make a date for the new year.

      Delete
  3. Just over a year ago I was brave enough to " mention" to my son and partner that the new baby wasn't putting weight on as he should. They both assured me that he was doing fine. 2 weeks later the hospital ( he was going there for jaundice I think) said he needed to stay in as he wasn't putting weight on!! Vindicated, but I was more pleased that someone else had realised and done something about it!
    He is now a strapping 1 yr old walking around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How on earth did they think they survived with such incompetent parents as we must have been!

      Delete
  4. Getting teeth is so hard! Poor Alice. I'm glad she got through that bout.
    I had a leisurely time with two of my grandsons yesterday and despite the fact that it was so easy, I came home exhausted. I think it's just the responsibility of it all. One must keep them alive! Phew.
    Those socks are magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know that feeling. With your own you are far more blasé but when you have to hand them back in one piece it all becomes so much harder.

      Delete
  5. Tired just reading about the day. The screaming would be shattering before anything else. Poor little guy, teeth are hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is cross cutting as well. She has two canines but no top front teeth and now these impressive molars. Poor poppet but she still smiles through those tears.

      Delete
  6. Those socks are so cute, so is Alice giving a high five. Teething, I'm glad it's over. Now he's got growing pains in his legs poor bugger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire you so much. I would struggle if I had to raise any of mine. Of course, I would do it but it wouldn't be easy as I know it isn't for you. And you have the extra drama of his mum to deal with. Kudos to you, my friend.

      Delete