Friday, 16 December 2022

Friday

I have started to dread calls from Three in the middle of the day! 

Day-care rang him to say that Alice had something in her eye and needed to go to the doctor. After previous experiences there was thought that they might be trying to offload again but they sent him this photo. 

This is not a happy baby!!


He was asking if he could drop her off to me if he couldn't take the rest of the day off. He had forgotten he now works for a company that gives a damn about their employees and their families. 

I said I would meet him at Sally's school so I could walk her around the streets if she was fractious so he and Amy could watch her final assembly.

She had slept a bit and was in a good mood so I was able to see Sally get an award for being awesome. Well, that was Grany's interpretation.

The preps then sang a song thanking their buddies for all their support during the year and wishing them well in high school and beyond. Sally took this task very seriously.


I then came home to complete the cake and make the dough for the pfeffernusse. 


Unfortunately the dough is very hard so I am not sure how I will be able to roll it out. I might have to warm it a bit. Probably serves me right for mixing a couple of recipes together and swapping honey for molasses and guesstimating the grams in 6 tablespoons of butter. The cloves worked well being crushed in a pestle and mortar so if I have to redo I know I have ground cloves!

We then had a couple of games of scrabble and Himself got this ...




Double letter with the Q, double word score and all letters out! 111 points. He was rightly chuffed!

Alice saw the doctor. Nothing in her eye. Maybe conjunctivitis. Maybe irritation. She is happy now but didn't like the doctor.

Sally got her final report for the year. It is excellent and she is very advanced in the three Rs. But more importantly she is confident, well liked and very caring of her peers. 

Grany and Grumpy are very proud.




 

12 comments:

  1. Pinkeye is very likely at that age in that environment. It's no fun feeling like there's sand in your eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor wee mite has copped a lot of stuff this year.

      Delete
  2. That is a very severe scowl on Alice's face, quite impressive really. I can imagine her dealing with unruly employees or children, she will scare the crap out of them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She also has the royal wave down pat. I have married her off to George in my mind. King George and Queen Alice has a ring don't you think? I can see her scowling and saying "off with their heads".

      Delete
  3. Oh my. With children it is always something. Good or bad or in the middle- it will be something. What would your family do without you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like a bit more middle I think! The extremes are exhausting.

      Delete
  4. You are certainly right about Alice. She is one grumpy looking baby. Conjunctivitis? It will probably transfer to the other eye. That's a good Scrabble score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was suitable proud of himself. Even though it was MY play the move before that gave him the opening.

      Delete
  5. Oh, my! That's one sorry baby! Hope the infection (if that's what it is) clears up quickly. You are right to be proud of Sally. Well done, her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice switches from scowls and tears to beaming smiles in the blink of a pink eye. Sally still can't believe she has finished school. I hope she realises she has another 12 years ahead of her!

      Delete
  6. Both those little girls are adorable!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s exactly how Ana started. With a swollen eye. Then the high fever and the earache. Hopefully you miss out on all the other stuff.
    But I think, and I’m only a grandma so what do I know, that it’s from blocked sinuses.
    I remember the buddy system at school. It works very well and the big kids look after the little ones so very well.

    ReplyDelete