Monday, 12 December 2022

Monday Mayhem



The crumpets (and in the background is the bread box I made with my own fair hands).



Three sent me this photo of the lasagne he made with the giant zucchini.


As I have mentioned before, Max thinks he is a dog and desperately wants to go outside. I bought a cat harness from Amazon and it arrived this morning.

Himself was out and I popped it on the cat and took him onto the balcony. He had a sniff around although was not impressed with this thing around his chest and neck.

This is what I bought. I should have showed him how he was meant to behave.

After a while I put it on him again and took him down into the back garden. He was still not impressed but the smells seemed to take his mind off it. It then started to hail so I had to grab him and bring him back inside.

Himself came home and I went to show him our new trick. I put the harness on, picked up the cat and went to the front door. The dogs decided to follow. The cat went ballistic and turned into a spinning mass of teeth and claws with two excited German Shepherds trying to get in on the act. Himself tried to grab Max which made him worse. I was yelling at the dogs to go away (or words to that affect) whilst trying to grab the spinning devil cat. I managed to get the harness off and he bolted. I sustained scratches to my face and feet and Himself got one on the palm of his hand.

We went shopping (how did ingredients for spag bol turn into a $120 shop?) and came home. 

Max was still in hiding. 

After calling him he eventually surfaced - he had been hiding under the spare bed. We have agreed not to mention the harness for a while and he let me pick him up.

I think what might have happened was his long fur got caught in the clasp and hurt him. 

Through all of this Mini sat on the back of the couch and didn't move at all. She was still there when we got home. She isn't stupid enough to want to go out and no one will see her in a harness. (I know cos I tried!)




This is one of my favourite songs. I share it with you.



14 comments:

  1. Had to laugh at your troubles with Max...been there!
    What a pretty song! Never heard it before now!
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. My son had a cat he could put a harness on to take outside for little walkies. It may be a gradual process to get your kitty used to the idea. Little late for that now though, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will persevere. The cat will not win. Until he does.

      Delete
  3. Some cats just won't. Maybe you've got one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had to harness a cat before but I can't run the risk of this one getting out and he insists on OUT!!

      Delete
  4. I can well imagine the chaos at the door with two dogs and a cat. I'm guessing the air was blue:)

    We've given up on our cat. I've tried her in a harness, she gets out of it. We thought she was safe in the backyard, she scales the fences without problems. If the coyotes get her, so be it. I do make sure she's in at night though and she's not liking the cold at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The air was colourful, that's for sure!
      We have dogs in neighbouring yards and I fear Max won't have the sense to stay away. So he wears a harness or stays inside.

      Delete
  5. Make sure you clean those scratches well. I bought a harness for my cat Sebastian many years ago. Added a lead and tied it to the back veranda so he could be with us Took him all of five minutes to work out how to get out of it. So back inside he went.
    Got Bella and tried it on her. Went outside and she promptly lay on her side and refused to budge. I’ve since given up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is meant to be an escape proof harness but if panicked enough I think he could get it off.
      I have had so many scratches in my life I think I must be immune to them!

      Delete
  6. It isn't the silly season quite yet, so no crumpet jokes. They do look nice though. How to train your cat; Lesson One. Fail, with injuries sustained to the trainer and a bystander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too early for crumpet jokes!
      I should have read your instructions first.

      Delete
  7. Nice crumpets! Nice breadbox too. You are talented. Younger Son's cats like to accompany him on his walks with the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my dream but I think it will take some time!

      Delete