This is a chameleon rose. It was the last rose my mother bought and she took it with her to the aged care facility where it struggled in a pot half full of soil and little to no water. When she died Dr Teacher took it, planted it and nursed it back to life. He then struck a cutting and this is the result. This has also lived in a pot with little to no soil or water and struggled on gamely until I took pity on it and potted in the white pot. I feel there should be some deep and meaningful comment on my mother there but none spring to mind!
These next two snaps show the size of my zucchini plant.
One of the sunflowers I grew from seed for Sally. Four made it. They are now on the way out. I have planted some more but only one seems to have germinated. I'll need to find something to replace them with.
Who can resist the perfect petunia\?
This is a zucchini monster plucked from the monster zucchini plant this morning. A chook egg for size comparison. I have no idea what we will do with it (the zucchini, not the egg).
The three older Melbourne granddaughters are getting one of these each for Christmas. It is a microwave popcorn maker. I was really tempted to get one for us and then I realised I was drawn to the colour (teal in my case) as we don't eat popcorn much at all.
I wish you could smell the roses. They are amazing, if a bit weather beaten at the moment.
I saw my psychologist today. As always, a fruitful visit.
Yesterday I commented to Himself that I could probably do with some bluetooth headphones like his so we can sit in the same room and listen/watch different things without disturbing the other. It was just a comment. He came home with a set of Sennheiser headphones for me. I freaked when I saw the price on the box but they were half price. Now we are trying to get the television box thingy to talk to the headphones. Remember the days of proper instructions? These days you get a quick set up in dot point in many different languages.
Dinner is fish, spuds and asparagus.
Last night I went to bed with a hot water bottle. Tonight I might need the air conditioner. Got to love living in Melbourne!
It is a lovely balmy evening tonight. It won't last. We've been down the problematic of Bluetooth ear buds for tv, phone and tablets and did finally sort them out, by more a*** than class. As you say, the minimal instructions were rather useless. Are big zucchinis good? I have heard not.
ReplyDeleteYour mother's rose is a beauty for sure!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get your headphones synced up with your TV. I love my pods but I only use them with my phone.
That zucchini is a big and brawny thing, isn't it?
I did and it was lovely sitting on the comfy couch with the big screen not disturbing Himself.
DeleteThe rose is beautiful love the colours in it, does it have an aroma? Zucchini is huge, zucchini bread gives a nice moist loaf suitable for a snack with a cup of tea.
ReplyDeleteOoh, you reminded me, I have a recipe for a zucchini slice in the book that has the fruit cake.
DeleteThe rose has a subtle scent.
Lovely to see flowers now that we are in winter mode, fall flowers over, snowdrops yet to come.
ReplyDeleteIf the weather gods are kind I should have roses for the next few months. I shall post photos to remind you of what will come!
DeleteWhat a beautiful rose. And don't talk to me about modern technology!
ReplyDeleteLiz, we have become so reliant on it and I often think we were better off in many ways without it.
DeleteAll your flowers are gorgeous! I believe your husband is a good listener. I am a former k and 1 teacher. He sounds very sweet.
ReplyDeleteCarol in Atlanta
Hi Carol.
DeleteHe is a good listener sometimes. I also think he got fed up with asking me to turn the telly down!
Don’t they call very large zucchini - a vegetable marrow. Or am I thinking of something else?
ReplyDeleteThe changing colours on your rose are quite stunning- blink twice and it’s moved on๐