I was asked to explain who the mermaid is. I have been keeping a blog/journal on and off since about 2000. I have tried to keep it as anonymous as possible to protect the guilty. Obviously it wouldn't be too hard to work out who I am but if that happened I would have to kill you and close the blog down. (Not you, Andrea!)
I shall try to list the main cast members and remember what moniker I have given to whom!
Sparklingmerlot. On a previous platform I was Sparklingshiraz but blogger already had that name taken.
Himself. Long suffering husband of over 45 years.
One. Our first born (1984). Married to Ebs and father of Lily (5) and Ivy (3)
Two. Our second born (1986) . Married to Mads and father of Audrey (5), Billie (3) and our first grandson Henry (3 weeks old today)
Three. Lucky last (1988). Married to Amy and father to Sally (6) and Alice (15 months)
Stepson. Turns 50 next year. Married to Pat and father (although not biological) to Jill and Jack who are now grown up.
Other Brother. He is next to me in birth order. Married to Fave Sis in Law (sometimes Mrs Other). Can be a right royal pain in the arse as there is his opinion and his opinion.
Dr Teacher. Was Dr Brother (hence Other Brother) when he was a vet but changed career paths nearly 20 years ago. He was married to the mother of my nephews (M and G) but met his current wife when teaching and is now married to Mrs Teacher. Mrs Teacher can also be a right royal pain in the arse if you don't agree with her science and her politics.
The Mermaid. Himself has known her longer than he has known me. They met through work and she has been a constant in my life. When I started blogging she was a swimming teacher hence the name. I might refer to her as B sometimes. J and E are her kids. E is like a niece to me. She is engaged to D and they will marry next year.
R and T. R is Himself's step cousin and she has also been a long time friend like The Mermaid. I may have given her a nick name but for the life of me I can't remember. She turns up here every so often. T is her second husband. She has three kids about the same ages as mine.
J and C were initially craft friends but I now count them as good friends. I see them quite a bit and should probably give them a name.
Aged Aunt. My mother's younger sister who lives in Far North Queensland. She considers me the last of her family which means the last female of her family - I do have brothers and she has 4 step children only one of whom stays in touch.
Both my parents and both my parents in law have died. They may crop up in conversation.
Murphy and Jinx are our two german shepherds and Max and Mini are our two moggies.
I think that about covers it.
If you are anywhere as confused as I am now, I apologise.
After all that I need a gin.
Ha ha to the confusion and gin! Peta
ReplyDeleteGin should never be laughed at, Peta!
DeleteQuite a cast of characters. This is why I use expressions like Handsome Son, Neighbor Gary, and do on, for a running footnote on the people. I get in a blur with blogs who just use first names, no idea who they're talking about, children, sibs, aunts? Yours is pretty clear though.
ReplyDeleteI shall try to be more specific without too identifying!
DeleteI just assume identities from context. That works fairly well.
ReplyDeleteI would love to be completely open with names but if I am I can't be completely honest. And I don't want to breach anyone's privacy.
DeleteI had to look up moggie. I assumed cats but wanted to make sure you:)
ReplyDeleteDon't you have moggies in Canada?
DeleteNo moggies, but lots of cats:)
DeleteThank you, I’m all over it now. Marie, Cheltenham
ReplyDeleteThank you for prompting me to do something I have been meaning to.
DeleteAm I Andrea? Or am I on the kill list?
ReplyDeleteYou are Andrea and you are not on the kill list. I think you are the only reader I have met face to face. And very glad I did!
DeleteOh thank goodness. I was going to go into witness protection lol
DeleteI’m glad I meet you too.
This will be useful to refer to in the future. I did know them up to your vet/teacher brother.
ReplyDeleteI will never remember all that...pass the gin!
ReplyDelete