Sunday, 19 February 2023

Blah

Rockin' it, kiddo.


Another Sunday done and dusted.

Himself washed windows.

I did sweet FA.

I have joined some facebook groups in Lakes hoping to get a feel for the place as a resident not a tourist.

I fluctuate between wanting to move and hating to leave. The big thing is that if we sell and move and hate it we will never be able to afford to move back here. 

In the past we have made the huge mistake of buying before selling but it has always worked out for us. My fear is that if we do sell here we might not find a place we like down there. 

So much to think about. 

I will be more cheerful tomorrow, I promise.


16 comments:

  1. Looks like a cool little dudette.
    It’s a big thing deal to sell up and move far away.
    I’d definitely be checking out properties to see what is available
    I’d also go and see the place at the hight of the summer season. That’s when you’ll know if you can handle all the tourists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently after the photo was taken she fell over and couldn't get up as her jeans were too tight!

      Delete
  2. Angela mentioned my thought that it’s fine and dandy enjoying the quiet peaceful times but….it is on the tourist trail (think sort of seaside) and will be busy some months of the year. Are the supermarkets able to cope….will you mind waiting in line a bit longer….small problem but could be large to some. Car parking another.
    Maybe try a weekend here and there to get a feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A feel for the place ……not a feel as in dirt* weekend away😊😊

      Delete
    2. Well, you could do that as well if it takes your fancy 😊😊😊

      Delete
    3. Those who live in these spots have tricks to manage the tourists. We have been there at various times of the year with no issues. Summer holidays would be the worst but they are only for a month or so.

      Delete
  3. I know where you're coming from. When my husband retired (early) and tne only elderly parent had died we seriously considered moving to either the Barossa or Clare valleys in SA. We didn't and in a lot of ways I regret it but our lives and friemdships, in the end, were very established where we were.
    My advice would be to think about it carefully, research it as much as possible and , if possible, rent somewhere before you commit to buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand regretting not moving as those places are just gorgeous but we do build our lives when we are in a place for a long time.

      Delete
  4. I don't think there is a huge tourist impact on LE. It is well set up for tourists but I don't think it is ever overwhelmed by tourists.

    You have realised that there won't be any going back to what you have in Langy, but why would you want to in say four year's time when you decided after trying LE and not liking it. You'll be older and will probably still have enough money to afford retirement accommodation back in the area you know well. Life without a large home, pets and your own garden to maintain is not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are wise as always, Andrew. It will come down to change over price.

      Delete
  5. I second the idea of renting for maybe a year, to experience it at all the changes of season, population etc, rent out your current house. Then you can look at leisure, and decide whether to move permanently.

    I know people who've done this, one family moved, one didn't. Both with more information to base the decision on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renting would be great but there doesn't seem to be many long term rentals in the area. I shall keep looking.

      Delete
  6. Yes- I am on the rent-for-awhile team as well. That would be the only way to truly know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly something to think about. Finding a place could be a challenge.

      Delete
  7. Is that Alice? She looks so cute.

    As for moving, I'm far to lazy to move again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is indeed young Alice. She is a real character.
      I swore black and blue I was never moving again when we moved here.

      Delete