Friday, 24 February 2023

Bugs

 I have little today.


So to reinforce the general opinion that we have the craziest insect life I give you these ...


This flew into Mrs Teacher's ear. They poured olive oil into her ear to try to stop the buzzing (ie kill it) which appeared to work. A visit to the GP the next day and they were able to remove. No damage other than some slight inflammation to the ear drum.



I was sad to find this wee chap (chapette?) on the floor today. I love our huntsmen and name them and talk to them. I'm guessing the food supply ran out.

This beautiful beast was about 3" across. I love the cours and symmetry. 


And in case you forgot,  this glorious specimen from Two's place.

And yes, I do know that spiders aren't insects.

12 comments:

  1. I like spiders too and we have some beauties.
    But insects who fly into ears? Happens here too and the possibility is one of my worst nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was an urban myth. This is a burrowing insect so when it landed in her hair it ... well ... burrowed into her ear.

      Delete
  2. I've had a mosquito fly into my ear while I was sleeping, ending in an ent visit to fix the results! But I love spiders, too, never hurt them. In fact I'm sorry to remove their webs in the house, but no choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiders are beautiful. I hate the whine of mossies. To have one in your ear would be awful!

      Delete
  3. Oh gawd insects in ears is something straight out of a horror movie.
    And as for the arachnids, not a fan at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely you have some beautiful spiders at your place?

      Delete
  4. I think huntsmen sometimes shed their skin, but this does look like a dead one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very dead. I didn't know they shed their skin. How fascinating.

      Delete
  5. No bugs here at the moment except for some fruit flies which came in with the outdoor plants. I don't mind spiders but yours are a little scary looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of bugs in the garden of the flying variety. They eat my veges.

      Delete
  6. I like Spiders but the ones we get in the Desert can be deadly, as are the Scorpions, but they do eliminate other pest Insects, so they have their place in the circle of life... except, I prefer they have it OUTSIDE. *winks* Found your Blog via Ms. Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a no from me. I don't like spiders and certainly don't like anything that will fly into my ear, that is so disturbing and I'm glad they got it out!

    ReplyDelete