J and I caught up for brunch and a good natter and knit at L'arte today. It was lovely to spend time just catching up with our news. Her daughter is in labour with her second child so there was a lot of pinging from her phone. Very exciting.
I then had time to kill before I picked Sally up from school so I drove past Angela's place and admired her new driveway. I messaged her to see if she was up for a visit and we had a lovely chat for around an hour about everything and nothing.
Picked up the kid and brought her home. Fed her two bowls of icecream with tiny teddies and unicorn sprinkles. Hush.
We have her again on Monday as it's a pupil free day at school so it makes sense to have her overnight on Sunday. She will be knackered after a family wedding on Saturday. It's a formal wedding but everyone is camping. I don't get it either.
Still no sign of flowers on the pumpkin.
I felt very ordinary last night and this morning and then realised I hadn't taken my meds for the past two days. I hope they kick in soon and I lose this spaced out feeling.
Frozen pies for dinner. I just can't be bothered cooking - probably meds related.
Himself has been busy tidying the garden. Whether we move or not this place is getting a spruce up. I should have mentioned moving sooner.
Sounds like a good day. How did you miss taking your meds? Bad. I won't mention decorated bowls of icecream. Contact with young people is supposed to invigorate you and keep you younger. I find such contact exhausts me and takes time off my life.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, I have a morning routine - cuppa tea, check news, read blogs, do wordle and take my meds! If I don't follow this then the meds can get forgotten. The last couple of days something interrupted me.
DeleteSally is about the only one who doesn't exhaust me but I won't be much good for anything on Tuesday.
Moving usually triggers all kinds of renovation where you live! Ready for someone else to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLiz, that was the case in our previous two moves. I made someone promise work be done as needed in this house. It sort of has but I should have also elicited a promise to finish one job before starting another! Whether we move or not, the place should be nearly finished soon.
DeleteI have found that my husband, too, really gets into fixing the things that have needed fixing for eons before we sell something. Since I plan to die in this house, I will be dying in a room that needs painting badly and will probably have a hole in the floor.
ReplyDeleteOh Mary, you made me smile. Maybe that's why we have moved so many times! We bought our first house in 1980 and have moved 6 times. We did pull an old house down and rebuild which caused two moves which I count as they were pretty trying.
Deletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLtXl8kPIs0
ReplyDeleteI definitely don't have flowers but that did explain the different flowers on my zucchini. I loved how he did his best not to make the whole thing sound too raunchy!
DeleteIt was a lovely visit. Thank you
ReplyDeleteForgetting to take meds is something I do often.
Only when the heartburn hits that I remember.
Another symptom of getting on in years I think
Oh the rebound reflux. Worse than the initial symptoms.
DeleteI think I need to get an old person's pill box. I wish they weren't quite so ... old person looking. Someone should design some in funky colours and patterns.
I forgot to look at your socks.
Well, even if you decide not to move, sprucing up will feel good after it's done for you and not for a new Buyer. Sometimes we only make the effort for someone else when we should be doing it for ourselves. Congrats on your Friend getting a new Grandbaby. We just had one of our Adult Granddaughters give us another Great-Grandchild, this time a Boy, and her first.
ReplyDelete