Friday, 3 February 2023

Headache

 I am feeling under the weather. Probably because of the weather. And maybe worries about Three.

I went to a new shop with J. It's an interesting concept. Full of shelves that people can rent and them place their goods (usually handmade) for sale. There were lots of lovely things and it has given us some ideas for selling stuff down the track. There is a waiting list for shelves so will give time to build stock. I think it would be great for Amy as she creates some lovely things but struggles with volume.

A knit and a natter afterwards (dodging the pouring freezing rain) and home to bludge for the rest of the afternoon.

That is all I have so I leave you with this amazing contraption. Sound on ...




13 comments:

  1. I think I have an app on my phone that can create music like that, produced by what seemed like a loom. Nevertheless, thanks for posting it. The shelf rental sounds like a modern version of a space in an antique market, or even direct Etsy sale where you can pick up what is on sale. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever been to the Tyabb packing sheds? Amazing market but not sure if it's still going after Covid.
      Online sale are all very well but many things need to be touched and smelled and really looked at.
      Of course you have an app that creates music!!

      Delete
  2. That music is quite relaxing.
    Renting space sounds interesting. But I think selling online might be more productive.
    It did rather pour down today. We spent all day inside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Andrew, sometimes one needs to actually see what your buying. And it makes for a nice day out!

      Delete
  3. I like that craft sales idea. Some people do like to shop in person, particularly for handmade goods. It's like an antique market where people rent space and stock their own area.

    Sorry about the worry about your son. Yes,it takes a toll.I hope he can climb out of his predicament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other thing I liked about it is that you don't have to have a huge amount of stock at any one time.
      We will talk to Three over the weekend and see how the conversations at home are going.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a good way to sell items -- cooperatively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't beat the good old craft markets but they seem to have gone the way of the dinosaurs with online platforms and Covid.

      Delete
  5. My goodness, people are so clever. What an amazing machine and an amazing operator/musician.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ‘Rent-a-shelf’ sounds like a good idea. Artists rent wall space in cafes - local jams and pickles can be found on cabinets in some also. Just wonder who is responsible…..does the shop keeper accept liability if anything walks out the door (unpaid for) or does the maker accept it as a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it’s raining and very cold (again) over on my side of town this morning

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure about the liability side of things and there were some very small things that could slip into a bag. I didn't look for cameras but I'm sure there would be some.
      It was like winter yesterday. Stoopid Melbourne weather.

      Delete