Saturday, 18 February 2023

I did it!


I faced my fears and didn't post an entry yesterday! I do plan to post daily but if something crops up I don't need to feel guilty about not posting. Welcome to the crazy that is my brain.

It was disgustingly hot and I stayed indoors. I baked a loaf of bread and made a beef rendang for dinner.

Three and Sally dropped by to pick up my car so they could go to the airport and collect StepSon who flew down from Brisbane to pick up a car he bought. The model he wanted is very hard to get and the only dealership that had one was the one I bought mine from. Three took him there at 8.30 this morning and at 8.45 he was driving out of the dealer's yard on his way back north. A 12 hour drive today and then another 8 hours (at least) tomorrow.

It's much cooler today. I have made a batch of baked beans and watered the very thirsty garden which consists of a pumpkin and some herbs. I need to get out there and do a replant. 


Himself got some mulch delivered and is currently laying it on a couple of beds. It keeps the moisture in and the dogs out! 

This is one of our new eucalypts - I forget its name but the leaves have a lovely blue tinge.




Preparing the beds for mulch. The bricks are to stop the dogs from digging the plants up as they can smell the fertiliser.






Our jacaranda is doing well. Again - dog proofed.


And the mulch is in. 



Three and his lot popped in for a visit. Alice thought it was great fun to play with Mum's hair.






Turkey burgers for dinner tonight. Himself has gone to put lotto on and get the turkey mince as I bought pork by mistake and gave it to Three as they will use it.


10 comments:

  1. I was wondering as my brother said his Dr said he has to be 70% blocked before they put a stent in....urinary tract infections are very common after the TURP...they have you on this continuous flushing for 24 hours with a catheter ...Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess every cardiologist is a bit different and stenting has to be less invasive than bypass so maybe they do it sooner. It's been too many years since I worked as a nurse to even know what the current thinking is. The post TURP flushing is pretty intense. I was always amazed at what went in and came out. Not saying a dicky bird to the husband though!!

      Delete
  2. I've had ongoing UTIs since March. Antibiotics about once a month. The cause has been found and there is a pending surgery. It is not life threatening but continual use of antibiotics is not ideal. The very expensive private health system seems to not move any faster than the public system and $1K down already.

    Someone close to me had TURP surgery. The recovery period was rather awful but the end result after I think about six weeks, excellent. I've probably already said that in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are getting the problem fixed. Hopefully the surgery won't be too unpleasant. Continual use of antibiotics is not a good thing and can lead to nastier issues. Sadly our private health sector is still reeling from the effects of covid. I am glad I got my knee replaced just before that particular balloon went up.

      Delete
  3. A long time ago I finally skipped posting one day and it was very nerve racking. Since then I still days and sometimes a whole week. Life gets in the way Blogging shouldn’t be stressful. It should be enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my blog and my blogging friends. I felt I was become a little bit obsessed and that is never a good thing.

      Delete
  4. Yes, blogging can get to feel like an obligation. My concern is that people who've been reading daily for years will think a disaster has happened if I don't show up in their feed.
    It's good to just not post sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan to make a habit of it. I was going to post that I wasn't going to post but that would have been a post.

      Delete
  5. I almost always post daily and if I don't, it's generally for a technical reason. I completely understand your "crazy" because I have it too.
    Alice is a peach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spilling a martini on the keyboard is a legit technical reason.

      Delete