I gave in. Himself went to the local $2 shop and bought me a pill container. It's not as funky as I'd like but it's better than some. The wording on the packaging gave me a giggle.
And now I am officially old.
Some time ago we bought three punnets of cat grass and put them in larger pots.
We have Sally tomorrow night and into Monday (pupil free school day) so I am sure we will hear all about it.
Over summer they have completely died off. Probably due to lack of water and too much heat. After seeing Minnie chewing pathetically on a piece of what is effectively straw, Himself went to Bunnings and bought 3 more punnets which I dutifully repotted into the larger fancier ones.
Minnie was thrilled. As soon as I brought this one inside she was on it happily chomping way.
I'd love to be able to let the cats outside to graze but there is too much bird life, too many cat haters and too many other cats around. This is the next best thing and will hopefully stop her munching on my indoor plants - of which I have few and would like to keep alive.
The cool change has come through but even though temperature is lower we keep getting sporadic downfalls of rain which release the heat from the ground along with moisture creating a warm humid feel. Not pleasant.
Three and his lot are at a bush formal wedding. About halfway up the map to the right of the blue stuff you can see "Thomson Dam". That is where they are. Camping. In formal attire. The rain band is moving from left to right. I think they might get a tad damp.
We have Sally tomorrow night and into Monday (pupil free school day) so I am sure we will hear all about it.
We will still go down to Lakes in March for a holiday but I am almost convinced we will stay here. To up sticks and move so far away to an area where we know nobody would require a rather outgoing social couple to put down roots and make friends. We are not that couple. Yes, it would be lovely to have a house with a view over water and be able to mosey into town to have coffee and walk along the beach. Himself could join the local Shed and there are craft and social groups I could join. The question is ... would we?
We are having steak tonight - Himself is cooking. I have been very slack since I came home and have barely cooked.
Last night we fancied Chinese and we got some from a place with good reviews and which was busy but it was awful and not cheap - so disappointing. We have a good pizza place but that is it. Even the fish and chip shop we discovered which was ok until I had fish and chips at Lakes and remembered what really fresh fish is like and now I couldn't buy from there.
We have never been big eaters of takeaway food but every so often it makes a pleasant change. I am always amazed to hear of people for whom cooking at home is a rarity if it happens at all. Surely one would get sick of eating out or taking away all the time. What do you do for something special? I remember when a McDonalds birthday party was so exciting. Now kids seem to eat it as every day food - or worse, a snack between other meals.
Yep - I am that grumpy old woman!





I’ve not come across square tbs before - you must take them all at the same time. I have a pink one for evening - I call it my quiet one as opposed to the green for go one taken in the morning. And then there’s the yellow oval, the white flat oval and the miniature (don’t drop or you’ll never find it) round white thyroxine. Some live beside the bed (bleary eyed on waking, take one hour before food) others in the bathroom (toilet, teeth, tabs, tootle off to bed)
ReplyDeleteI’m old too - love to joke with the pharmacist when I pick up my monthly supply of ‘keep me alive’ pills😊
I just had to check the packaging to make sure I was taking them at the correct time! All say take one tablet daily as directed by the doctor. The square one is for depression, the little one is a statin, the blue/white one is blood pressure and the oval pink is for reflux. Morning works for me as long as I don't forget!
DeleteI've been using a SMTWTF for awhile now.
ReplyDeleteSigh.
I had one years ago and then I thought I could do it on my own! To be fair, if I wasn't on anti-depressants then I could miss a day here and there but I guess that defeats the purpose of the damn things.
DeleteAt hoe and abroad? The gardener's pill keeper. I take variety of pills, but I use visual aids to make sure to take them. The glass of water next to the morning pill, right, take it then the empty glass on the corner near the bathroom reminds me of the later am pills, then the empty glass finally by the evening pill. Etc. I also have alerts on my phone for things like the twice with meals pills and check the stovetop! I'm thinking of adding a start the car alert daily, after the recent battery excitement!
ReplyDeleteMy days proceed by alerts and reminders!
What did we do before phones to remind us of things? I remember putting a rubber band around my wrist to remind of something and couldn't remember what it was. I was young then, too!
DeleteThe SMTWTFS do come in handy, been using mine for sometime now. I take all of my pills at one time, in the morning after breakfast. Two vitamins at dinnertime. Easy to remember. Hubby, has a bad memory for taking his pills even though he also has the little cubby holes with the snap on lids.
ReplyDeleteI have vitamin D and B tablets on the table with the pepper and salt to take with dinner. The jars will last a long time, just saying! Even with them right there I forget.
DeleteI've thought of getting some Cat Grass for The Granddaughter's Cat since he's indoors only and they Sell it at the Pet Shops. Your pill container is hilarious with the 'intentional' misspellings? Yes, officially getting Old does seem to come with a slew of Meds, le sigh.
ReplyDeleteAlthough cats are carnivorous they do need some plant material in their diet. A lot of indoor plants are toxic to cats, hence the cat grass and they do love it.
DeleteI keep reminding myself that getting old is better than the alternative but somedays I wonder!
Stu uses one of those pill organisers or should I say "organlesd". Regarding takeaways I'm with you... we hardly ever get takeaway food. We sometimes get KFC or fish and chips that that's about it. Even on the road we try to cook rather than eat out.
ReplyDeleteThat's what makes it so infuriating when you spend money on a takeaway for a treat and it's bloody awful!
DeleteMoving far away from all you know is a tad scary I think.
ReplyDeleteSometimes the dream is far different to the reality.
Takeaway is definitely a rare treat and usually we have KFC or souvlaki simple but always exactly how you expect it to be.
KFC is not what I remember as a kid! I have had some amazing souvlaki and some horrible ones. It's hard to find anything decent in this neck of the woods, it seems.
DeleteI am forever forgetting to take my pills so I think I need a reminder. Very few outdoor cats here so the birds come around especially if you put out seed. How they survive the winter is a mystery to me but there they are, even on the bitterly cold days!
ReplyDeleteThere was a time when cats (and dogs, too for that matter) were allowed to run free. Dogs were stopped decades ago and cats are becoming less obvious. Some councils have curfews for cats after dark and some forbid them altogether which I think is a bit mean if you keep them indoors. I do love our birds here and would hate to see them taken by a cat. Pigeons and minah birds excepted. Now if I could train a cat to only catch them ...
DeleteI hope being a kept organlesd hoe is lucrative.
ReplyDeleteIt is probably less than once a week we have a take away meal, burger, pizza or fish and chips. The amount of rubbish my great nieces and nephew consume concerns me, but it is not my business. Like you say, it should be a treat.
Schools function much better without pupils. It is a wonder there aren't more pupil free school days.
You are probably right about LE. It would be a massive change. With your buying and selling costs saved, you could take more holidays, although I guess you need a pet sitter.
I am an organlesd hoe and proud of it!
DeleteI am surprised the powers that be haven't worked out that schools and hospitals would work much more efficiently without pupils and patients. When we had beds closed we finished our work so quickly.
Don't get me started on kids' diets today.