I stayed up later than I should last night googling properties in Lakes Entrance! Consequently I am very tired today. I think I am also tired from all the driving I did.
I collected Himself from the hospital and we took the dogs to the park. I then drove him to see his psychologist. Supermarket shop and now I am home.
When we were in Batemans Bay trying to find our motel I managed to illegally park AND drive the wrong way down a one way street. Fortunately a much amused gentleman waved me back the way I had come. It would have helped if this was actually signed! I drove into a car park and only later realised it was reverse angle parking. At least I had my Victorian number plates to identify me as an out of towner. I apologise to all my Victorian friends for reinforcing the NSW opinion that we can't drive.
Now that I am getting all excited about the possible move Himself is throwing up reasons to not move. Like the salty sea air that damages cars and other metal things. Just wash them more frequently! The big thing will be finding somewhere we really like.
I was going to book time away in April but I think I might do it in March. His TURP is booked for the 9th March (assuming it can still go ahead after the stent insertion) and, while he can't do any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 4 weeks post op, I don't see why a gentle mosey down to Lakes can't be done. We can then decide if the move is viable and get stuck into making the house presentable for sale.
A lot to think about.
Right now I am going to see if I can convince him to play a game of scrabble.

It's funny that people in NSW say Victorians (are people from Victoria called Victorians?) can't drive. It's like in the USA -- everyone says people from Massachusetts are the worst drivers. I'm not sure there's any statistical backing for that claim. (But I also haven't looked!)
ReplyDeleteI'll go the opposite Steve. I think Sydney drivers are better than Melbourne drivers but I am judging from limited inner city experience.
DeleteSteve, the animosity between Sydney and Melbourne is long standing. Driving is just one thing each thinks they do better.
DeleteWe have a friend in Larrikens End as she calls Lakes Entrance. We have stayed with her a couple of times. From my observations at the main local supermarket, middle class people shop there, as do rough types who may litter the ground with cigarette butts along with local Aborigines. The demographics are interesting and the residential part of the town especially back on the hills above the shore line are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSo do you think a move down there is a good thing or not?
DeleteOn the whole I do but foolishly I feel like I will miss you. What nonsense. Just before the London Olympics our friend sold her London flat on the edge of the Olympic site for a motza and moved back to Australia and she found a nice house in LE overlooking the town. She is quite artistic and can write, is a gardener and has found people there on her wavelength. Personally, I liked the social mix in LE, aside from its natural beauty.
DeleteOh, I had adventures in driving yesterday! And walking. And finding places. Made me feel so old.
ReplyDeleteGood luck house-hunting!
We haven't committed yet, Mary.
DeleteIt sounds as if the move is shaping up as reality now. A new adventure.
ReplyDeleteWe are still in the looking and thinking phase.
DeleteIf nothing else a trip to lakes would be good for the both of you so he can just rest and not be tempted to do anything.
ReplyDeleteMoving sounds like fun until you think about all the work involved and leaving the grandchildren. I don’t think I could do that right now. Who knows about the future. I’d miss my friends too.
We would still see the grandkids as they would love to visit. Once they start school you see less of them, anyway. I have few friends so a move might make me more sociable!
DeleteThe idea of moving, though, doesn't appeal.
Hi good your husband is well after his treatment...can I ask what % blockage he had ? Peta
ReplyDeletePeta, I don't know. The doctor told him it was a small stent which tells me nothing. We have a follow up on 6th April so hopefully will find out more then.
DeleteI think he will take about a month to recover from the TURP....Peta
ReplyDeleteHe has been told no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 4 weeks so a gentle trip away could be perfect. I haven't mentioned the possibility of some urinary incontinence - I'll wait and see!
Delete