This was the view yesterday morning from our block.
And this is one of my favourite views as you come over the top of the hill and the ocean is there before you.
Our new windmill.
It was too overcast and wet to see the full moon on Wednesday night but last night gave us a pretty good display ...
I saw the optometrist for a follow up on my elevated eye pressures post cataract surgery. They are now fine. There is an area on my right eye which is dry due to the surgery but nothing serious and managed with drops as needed. She did notice some scarring in both eyes which, because it is evident early, will probably require some intervention down the track. Nothing major - just a bit of laser to remove the scar tissue if and when it starts to interfere with my vision. So all good there. I did have an "aha" moment when she explained the scarring as Himself has been
I might have mentioned that our property does not end at the foot path which is what normally happens. This means that between the foot path and our boundary is a strip of about 700mms on which the builder will not pour the concrete driveway as it is not our land. Even with approval from council they still won't because of liability etc etc etc. So are now going to remove the driveway from our plan and have it installed ourselves after handover. It is only a narrow strip but if the two pours aren't precisely matched we could, and probably would, end up with issues where they join. We have had this happen in the past and don't want a repeat.
Himself, in the mean time, is not a happy camper due to the hiccups and the fact that it hasn't all been done yesterday. I try to point out the we are actually further ahead than a lot of people (our land was titled - huge bonus) but he still has the grizzles and mopes. I sent him to the Men's Shed earlier and he came back slightly happier. I hope he joins and goes a couple of times a week. Talking to people when walking the dogs is one thing but he needs actual companionship and his wife is a tad over being the sole source.
The optometrist checked my vision. Distance is perfect (I can read the bottom lines with no problem). Close is now about a +2 so I bought some cheap magnifying glasses and a cord from which to hang them around my neck so I can take them off and put them on as needed with close work.
Sigh. I have become that old woman.







I was just thinking yesterday I might get one of those cords for my glasses! I have reached the age where I understand why people use them. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteSigh, indeed, Liz. I think you and I could design and create something a bit funky that says "not quite old".
DeleteI know that patience is a virtue but damn- sometimes you just want it done NOW. I get that.
ReplyDeleteYou sure do live in a pretty place.
I know you love the water and I am sure you would love where we live. And we don't have alligators and nasty bugs that chew you. (I won't mention the odd tiger snake)
DeleteHey, whatever works! I laughed at "his wife is a tad over being the sole source." And what a view!
ReplyDeleteThis town has some gorgeous views. Even if you don't have one at home there will be one just around the corner.
DeleteGlad I could make you laugh!!
I became her a few years ago. When I had glasses for reading. So I kept them around my neck. Very annoying.
ReplyDeleteUntil the day when I was told I needed to wear glasses all the time
I totally get hubbys mood. This is one reason I’d never build. I’m not patient enough. And I hate dealing with councils. Luckily my hubby thrives on the stress!
I actually considered bi-focals with clear lenses at the top but I can make do with being that "where are my reading glasses" old crone!
DeleteThe views are certainly lovely. It seems like your eyes are well sorted out now.
ReplyDeleteApart from the dryness which is ongoing but a minor irritant they are great. I highly recommend the surgery to anyone who has cataracts.
DeleteJoin the group, my dear, I have the string of shame too, beats hunting for the specs all the time.
ReplyDeleteLove the moon shots.
ReplyDeleteIs the scarring a common problem for many or just a few and I might get lucky?