Wednesday, 22 November 2023

We have water!




This is the pit they dug across the road from us. One of the pipes is broken and our water pipe leads to nowhere. We thought it was going to hold things up.


This afternoon, however, (and yes we visit the block several times a day - wouldn't you?) we found the pit filled in and a water meter connected. I will never see such a low reading again!


They also connected a tap (which is probably where the 3 came from on the meter - have to make sure water flows). 


 The fence makes me realise how big the block (and house) is. 



Coffee group this afternoon which is always lovely. 

Last night the knitting ended up in the naughty corner. I will use the yarn in some weaving or maybe another pair of socks but it wasn't doing it for me and after dropping stitches and getting pissed off I decided life is too short to not enjoy a project.

As all my yarn is boxed up in the garage I had no choice but to visit the local yarn shop and buy some more for my zick zack scarf. I think these will knit up nicely. 


The grey has a nice amount of pink in it that complements the other one well.

Chicken and salad for dinner with some leaves and radishes from the garden.

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo, water. I'd be visiting everyday too. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if nothing is happening at our place there is plenty happening on other builds.

      Delete
  2. It’s all happening. How exciting.
    I’m so sorry you had to buy more yarn. I know how much I hate doing that lol
    Yes I’d definitely visit a few times everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hard decision (not). I am very happy with the way the new yarn is knitting up.

      Delete
  3. Not sure where my comment on your last post disappeared to. You must hate me and deleted it. I asked about the steepness of your block, but I can see it isn't too steep. You need the electric next I guess, and then a builders lavvie lovie, or two for both sexes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might differ on some things but I could never hate you, silly possum. The Spam monster has been rectified and your comment has been replied to.
      I do believe there is some sort of wire that has been pulled out of the ground that could be the electric. The builders lavvie will be here soon. I don't see many female trades in this neck of the woods so one should be sufficient. Although how anyone could use one of those things is beyond me.

      Delete
  4. I love your excuse, I mean reason, for buying yarn! Well, it was on the top shelf, couldn't reach it, so I had to shop, kind of idea!
    Actual water laid on, this is getting real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now they can cut the concrete for the retaining wall. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink and grey are a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete