We've had a bit today.
It started off with some spectacular cloud formations
You can see the rain in this one ...
Then it started to bucket down with thunder and lightening.
And the town and ocean disappeared.
Himself went up to the block and our cut was flooded which wasn't unexpected considering the volume of rain in a short period of time. At least the agi pipe we installed made a difference.
Last weekend I decided to have a go at making a cheesecake. Remember I won't use the oven in this house so I had to find a recipe that didn't need one. Something popped up on facebook (as it always does) and I gave it a go. I uses chocolate ripple biscuits
You then beat cream cheese, sugar, melted white chocolate and thickened cream before adding gelatine. Pour the whole lot onto the biscuit base and chill.
When I made it last weekend I think I burnt the chocolate in the microwave and buggered up the gelatine. I also didn't let it sit long enough in the fridge. I was going to toss it but the next evening Himself dished some up with a bit of vanilla icecream and some fresh fruit and it was lovely. We finished it off last night so I made another batch this afternoon. This time I didn't burn the chocolate and the gelatine behaved itself. It is chilling in the fridge but we shall restrain and wait until tomorrow before we try it.
Mango season was late this year but they are finally hitting the shops. My favourite is Kensington Pride which is an early fruit but doesn't last long. The later varieties are OK but none are as sweet and fragrant as a KP. I am teaching Himself that the bigger the fruit doesn't mean the tastier.
Orange roughy (fish) for dinner tonight with sauteed asparagus.










Ohhh the cheesecake sounds yummy. We have had rain but nothing like you. We are supposed to have more but most of it has missed us. I looked on Amazon for that toy and couldn’t find it. So I must of ordered it from somewhere else. I bought it months ago.
ReplyDeleteThanks for looking, I'll keep an eye on Amazon.
DeleteWe don't get a lot of rain here (we seem to be in a shadow) so it's always a treat when we do get it.
White chocolate. I can hardly ever find it. I'm not sure how it can be chocolate, with no cocoa color, but I love it. And it sounds like a good ingredient for your nobake dessert. Mmm.
ReplyDeleteTechnically it's not chocolate but who cares about technicality when it makes a delicious cheesecake.
DeleteI just looked up white chocolate and how it differs from regular chocolate. Chocolate making is quite the process! White chocolate is cocoa butter mixed with cream, etc. So not really chocolate at all. But it does have its own flavor, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteThe rain will eventually clear but it can get dreary after a few days of it.
So you don't get white chocolate in the states? It is very sweet and I don't really like it on it's own but it is a great ingredient for baking.
DeleteI’m with you on KP mangoes. Tried a calypso but doesn’t come close. Marie, Cheltenham
ReplyDeleteI always feel let down after the KP season is over.
DeleteThe third photo looks like chunks of frost that builds up in some freezers. My daughter used to make that same cheesecake when she was pregnant with grandchild #1. But never since.
ReplyDeleteIt lends itself to many different takes on the basic recipe.
DeleteI will probably never make it again once we have moved from here!