Thursday, 25 April 2024

A quiet day


Anzac Day is a day of reflection. We never make a conscious decision but that is how we seem to spend it. Quietly and at home.

Himself still has man flu so he spent most of the day in bed.

I spent the day playing on the computer and reading a gentle, English whodunnit. It has been chilly and windy. I even wore my tracky daks for the first time this year. Yes, winter is definitely approaching.

Once the invalid had risen from his sick bed and had a shower we popped into town for more panadol and some other bits and pieces.

The hoards had arrived for the long weekend. If there is a day between a weekend and a public holiday many will take it as a day of annual leave and it seems many had done just that.

We ducked around to Bullock Island to see how rough the Entrance would be with the wind. Not as rough as I have seen but still some good waves.




And behind me, this amazing light show of the sun through the clouds (this one is worth biggerising).


Tomorrow I am into Bairnsdale to donate blood. At least it's only a half hour drive unlike the two hours to Traralgon when I donate plasma!

Quiche and coleslaw for dinner with rhubarb and apple crumble to follow. None of it homemade because kitchen, oven, etc.

8 comments:

  1. There are some very good waves and you are right about the last photo. It looks amazing at larger than full screen.
    It's a bit surprising that you can't donate plasma at Bairnsdale Bloodbank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bairnsdale is a mobile collection centre which only takes whole blood which is easy to do. Plasma and platelets need a special machine which takes your blood, filters it and returns what it doesn't need.

      Delete
  2. A gentle English detective mystery full of murders!
    Quietly seems to be the way to observe the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo is a jewel and a gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I didn't see the bird when I was taking it.

      Delete
  4. Well, gosh darn it all! Now I have to go shopping. You've put visions of rhubarb and apple crumble in my head and now I want one! Warm, with warm vanilla custard poured over it.
    I love the waves by the lighthouse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the tartness of the rhubarb counteracts the sweetness of the apple.

      Delete