Thursday, 18 April 2024

Bubbles of excitement

Two and his tribe should be getting close now. He is also with Vodaphone so any chance of actually making a call between the two of us while he is coming over the mountains would be slim!

Tomorrow will be an early start for us but I don't want to miss a minute of time with them as we only have tomorrow,

And while I was typing that, Two rang to say they were at Cann River which is about an hour and a half away but at this time of the day (dusk) it will probably be more of a two hour drive as the roos will be out and about and it's a shit drive between Cann River and Orbost.

Himself saw an osteopath today about his shoulder. I doubt it will do any good as he needs to actually do the exercises and he prefers a magic pill or knife. 

I am thinking I might go and see the bloke (even if he did say he came to Lakes because God told him to) and he might be able to address my back issues which can only help the hip bits.

You can see it has been another day with not much going on. 

I did google Ashe Magnolia after Ms Moon showed a bloom and described it so poetically (see below).


The blossom is as big around as a dinner plate and the petals, as you can see, are magnificently white. The stamens are impressive in size and arrangement and those little purple dots are like kisses by angels wearing lipstick. 




I should probably have actually read her description and seen the bit about blooms the size of a dinner plate rather than just focussed on the purple lipstick angel kisses. That would have given me a hint that it ain't a small tree! Apparently there is a dwarf variety but it still grows to 12 feet+. 

I guess I will be looking for something smaller. Oh well. That's the fun part of establishing a garden.

BLAT rolls for dinner with apple rhubarb crumble for dessert (thanks to Ms Sarah Lee) which should be followed by an early night so I can get out of bed before lunch time! We are rewatching "The Lincoln Lawyer" on Netflix. A bloody good show.

See you on Saturday as I expect I will be busy tomorrow!


9 comments:

  1. I think I'm caught up now, reading about the progress of your house is so exciting (don't get around much anymore). I'm so sorry you are in so much pain, hope you can get it sorted soon. Have fun with the fam. Looking forward to some Sally stories when she and her daddy come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun tomorrow catching up with the fam. I’m sure you’ll have lots to tell us on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so excited about the family visit! I hope all goes well with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't we have those magnolias here?
    Don't we all prefer a potion opposed to actual exercise.
    Proper physio is best. I have five chronic condition bulk billed treatments set up for this year. I'm done with chiro and osteo quacks.
    Do have a great time with two and fam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if we have those ones. We do have other magnolias.
      I am not a fish slapper fan but a) physios are thin on the ground here and b) osteos aren't as bad as chiros as long as you are just looking for a bit of massage and exercise.

      Delete
  5. Oh, thank you for the attribution, Ms. Merlot!
    I hope your visit goes well and that fun is had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, we should try "The Lincoln Lawyer." We need something new on TV. Somehow I never imagined magnolias in Australia, but I don't know why that should be surprising, since everything is everywhere these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnoila "Little Gem" is a dwarf form of Magnolia, some people around here have it as a hedge. Check the local nursery. I've seen The Lincoln Lawyer movie, is this a series made from that or just the movie you are watching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lovely magnolias and little gem is one but I wanted Mary's magnolia!
      The Lincoln Lawyer is a series. I haven't seen the movie but have probably read the book.

      Delete