Tuesday, 23 April 2024

Playing around

I went to criminology and craft today.

Criminology was fascinating. We talked about prisons! I learnt so much.

Craft was a good chat session and I might have bought yarn and a pattern for a new to me knitting technique. I just received notification that the yarn has been posted. I'll probably start this project before the pin loom one!

It is shadow/illusion knitting and when looked at straight on one sees this ...


... but from an angle one sees a tiger ...


He has many shawl and wall hanging designs but I thought it best to try something smaller so I have bought enough yarn to make a double sided cushion or two cushions with plain backs.


I have been playing around with settings on the phone.

Here is my house. What's the missing in the second photo? As John from Wales says, answer on the back of a postcard!



And then because Max is magnificent I played around with options to make him even more so.


Tomorrow we have handypeople coming to replace the non-working range hood and some leaking taps and fix other bits. The joys of renting a neglected house.

Dinner is casserole from the freezer with turkish bread for mopping up and broccolini. 

16 comments:

  1. All must be coming to an end if the portaloo has been removed. Won’t be long now!
    Max has turned into a very nice cat, very confident as well. You wonder what they’re thinking when they look you straight in the eye like that.
    it doesn’t seem that long ago he and his ?brother were little kittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had another look at your house photos- did you remove the loo and skip yourself (by magic). It’s the same photo with/without them ?????

      Delete
    2. Sister. Although Max identifies as a dog.

      Delete
    3. Spot on Cathy! I am sure those with fancy phones have done this before it was new to me.

      Delete
  2. I did a potholder in that illusion stitch, still have it. I was quite proud of keeping sane while I knitted it. It's definitely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should have started with a pot holder rather than a cushion!

      Delete
  3. The knitting is rather cool.
    Thanks to Cathy, I can see the difference.
    Max looks rather threatening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max guards the house from any potential intrusion over the balcony.

      Delete
  4. When I enlarged the pictures, click, click, it was if the trash container and porta-potty just disappeared! Nice! Your house is quite handsome and so is your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful cat and he knows it. Your new house is lovely and no more skip out front:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg what is that technique called? It’s fantastic
    Yo have an actual house now. Won’t be long and you’ll be in living your best life.
    Your kitty is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow/Illusion knitting. One of the women at craft has made heaps of his shawls.
      We are at the frustrating stage where the house is so close but not!

      Delete
  8. I can almost see the tiger in the first image, the nose is a giveaway. The house looks very nice without the builders equipment.

    ReplyDelete