Saturday, 18 January 2025

A walk

I went with Himself when he walked the dogs this morning.

Wander with me ...






I walked further than I have for a long while then sat and waited for him to come back. This is the view from the table looking right ...


... and left.


Came home and the Mermaid rang which turned into a two hour chat. I told her I was coming down to Melbourne on Monday to collect Sally which has turned into a visit to her as well. I shall have to leave early in the morning to make it worthwhile. I need to pick something up from One's place so I am hoping that can be done on Tuesday morning as we head off. 

It has been windy and so far, no whistling from the resealed windows. I did hear some from our bathroom but it turns out the window in the loo was just ajar - enough to create a whistle which I would expect. 

I am over planning meals and cooking so have decided to take a break for the next week and a bit and shall get back into it after Three et al have returned with Sally after the long weekend (Australia Day). Of course we will still eat but it won't be following the F800 plan and Himself can cook some meals. 

I am currently reading "A Year of Marvellous Ways" by Sarah Winman. I can't remember why I am reading this author - I bought three of her books in 2022 - but just love the way she uses words. "He came with bluebells behind his ears and ramson stalks in his mouth and was trailed by lovelorn bees who knew the scent of a good man".

Time for a gin and more of a read before Himself cooks dinner!!


15 comments:

  1. 'lovelorn bees' - marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Himself cooking dinner sounds like a cunning plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a good sentence from Sarah Winman. I don't know her.

    Looks like a great walk, and glad those windows have stopped whistling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like best the part about himself cooking dinner. The walk was nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice walk. I'm sure you feel the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely view. I don’t think there is a bad view in lakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to check out that book. I loved "Still Life" and "When God Was A Rabbit". I'm excited. Have a good visit with family.

    ReplyDelete