Thursday, 23 January 2025

Chips and icecream

First of all I just want you to know that I am reading comments but have limited time on the computer so don't reply, but thanks so much for all the lovely words.

I woke to an 8 year old playing quietly on my computer (permission given prior, of course.)

Today's breakfast was a doughnut for said 8 year old and a coffee for Granny. Himself stayed home. 

Then we went to the playground as requested instructed ...





We had a quiet afternoon with some craft and the highlight for a wee lass was being allowed to walk around the block (really not very far and mostly in view) with my headphones on her head and my phone in her pocket being very cool as she listened to music of her choice.

Her request for dinner was the "fancy restaurant" (aka the pub) that I knew Himself would agree to as soon as he was asked. Wrapped around a little finger?

She loves being given coin to go and buy an activity book ...

... we had a delicous meal (fisherman's platter for he and me and chicken nuggets for her) ...


... and she helped finish my chips ...


... before her ice cream arrived (again - the joy of being given money and ordering it herself) ...



She is an absolute delight but I am so pleased that she is also homesick. I would be worried if she wasn't.

Tomorrow is her last full day with just us and I am sure doughnuts and minigolf will be involved.



6 comments:

  1. She's having a wonderful time. Grandparents are so special and have a unique bond with their grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to visit a grandma like you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing. Penguin

      Delete
  3. They grow so quickly. Precious memories she will have for the rest of her life.
    Ps. You can never have enough chips and ice cream 😂

    ReplyDelete



















  4. It's good that she is homesick as well as having a good time. I like her helping you eat your chips.

    ReplyDelete