Tuesday, 21 January 2025

In pictures

After a very early start (everyone else had to be at work or daycare) we stopped at the cafe in Yarragon at her request for breakfast. Last time she didn't like the fruit toast - too artisan for her, today she spied english muffins with nutella on the menu so she had that with a hot chocolate.


They gave her a huge bowl of nutella which had to be finished with a spoon because ... nutella!


After a couple of wrong turns leading to some unexpected exploring of the glorious countryside that is Gippsland we made it home




We have been to the library where she borrowed three Enid Blyton books and made a tie-dyed bag, played at the new playground where she sustained a couple of friction burns, visited the chemist for cream for said burns, have consumed lollies (sweets/candy) and a lemonade icy pole (ice lolly) and she is now sitting quietly playing on a computer game. She is a delight to have and the next few days will be very busy.

She does love being on Lakes' time as she calls it. Time for chilling and recharging - and playing mini-golf, eating donuts and icecream and exploring the parks and playgrounds. 


 

8 comments:

  1. A very full on day. That cafe is lovely we often stop and have a coffee or lunch
    Better keep well hydrated your going to be very busy the next few days

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that children are still reading Enid Blyton. All too often, the old classics are ignored or thrown out in favour of newer, flashier authors. You're having fun. Seeing the world through a child's eyes is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as if you're both having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donuts and time outside. I'm in. When can I come visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An english muffin with Nutella is one of my favorite breakfasts! I discovered it while a cabinet refinisher was working on my kitchen and I needed something quick that didn't require me to really use my kitchen. Loved it ever since. She has excellent taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like she's having a perfect visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lakes time for chilling and recharging sounds just right. I used to love Nutella but haven't bought any in years. I used to make nutella/peanut butter sandwiches. Sounds like Sally is having a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are allowing her to read Enid Blighton books? So damaging!

    ReplyDelete