Thursday, 16 January 2025

Silence is golden

It has been windy today and the windows have remained quiet. 

Jinx and Murphy were in sync. 





Falafel with harissa vegetables before it all went in the oven and very nice it was when it came out of the oven. 




The latest ALDI catalogue which set my grammar teeth on edge.


 

And while searching for a clip to match the title I found this. So many memories and then, as I was listening the harmonies sounded like the bloody whistling windows!



11 comments:

  1. I think the windows have traumatized you! Not surprised. They're an eerie experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise how much until they stopped! I was worried they would never be fixed.

      Delete
  2. I don't know about the whistling windows, but I did smile at the volume of the chorus/refrain . . . 'Silence is golden - - quite forceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that song from my childhood ... and belting out the chorus!

      Delete
  3. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but when we had our little house on a barrier island near here, when the wind blew, it would whistle and whistle through the dunes. Nothing to be done about that except to accept. It was eerie.
    Another lovely looking meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could accept whistling in nature, like through trees or dunes, but not through windows. It is one of our favourite meals and another tray bake so easy to prepare.

      Delete
  4. The meal looks nice, and healthy.
    Less or fewer, I am happy to save anyway I can.
    I suppose the Sounds of Silence would have been too obvious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume you are an ALDI shopper?
      I thought of the sounds of silence but thought I'd go for the less obvious (fewer obvious? 😁😝)

      Delete
  5. Silence certainly is golden and I remember that song. I'm glad your windows are fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise how sad the lyrics were but I still love it.
      Still no whistles ...

      Delete
  6. I’ve not heard this song. Back in the day artists actually could sing and didn’t need to be half dressed and grabbing themselves. Does that make me sound old lol
    So happy the windows are fixed and that whistling was just your mind playing tricks with you

    ReplyDelete