Friday, 3 January 2025

Another recipe and a cat

This is the recipe for the salmon we had last night. I am probably breaking all sorts of copyright rules by taking a photo but I couldn't be bothered typing it out. Just pretend I did, ok?

It was really yum. I halved it again which made the egg a bit tricky and I also made the crust ahead of time - next time I will make it just before I put it on the salmon as it was a bit gluggy - I think I picked the juiciest lemon to zest which didn't help. 


The veges ready to go in the oven ...


... with the salmon and crust topping ...


.. and after it was cooked (I remembered the photo this time).


The crumb should have been more, well, crumby but it tasted delicious. I couldn't get fresh dill so used the dried stuff in from a jar and it was fine. Maybe a tablespoon or 2.

The family of the brother in law who forgot the cats are most displeased with him, as they should be. They normally spend every Friday evening together but he and his wife are going to the movies instead. Guilty much?

And because you all care about cats I give you more of Max the Magnificent. Since we moved in here he is much more approachable and will even come up and wind around your legs. He was very standoffish for a couple of years. I think because he was a foster but Mini came from the same litter and she is very affectionate so who knows. Maybe it's because he identifies as a dog because he is very affectionate with Jinx and Murphy.

Regardless, he is very handsome.



 

19 comments:

  1. He is very handsome indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salmon dish looks quite presentable.
    Max the Magnificent looks quite regal and very no nonsense tolerated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max IS very handsome. The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max is a beautiful cat and he knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max is a grand cat! Knows his worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not as demanding as his sister - again, thinks he's a dog.

      Delete
  6. I would definitely eat that salmon!
    I think that Max could easily get along on his looks alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes his looks are all he has going for him!

      Delete
  7. Very sad story about the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but at least they had the courage to put her down.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a nice easy supper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sent the recipe to my youngest son who loves to cook and he says "thank you I'll definitely try that"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be interested to hear what he thinks of it.

      Delete
  10. Max is a handsome dude! Our Max has the same
    markings but short fur. Recipe sounds good!

    ReplyDelete