Himself had man flu.
I, as a woman, am immune to man flu.
I did, however, come down with the dreaded lurgy, which all who are in the know understand is far worse.
Tissues, hand sanitiser (thanks, 2020), throat lozenges and Vicks helped cope with the initial symptoms. Paracetamol, neurofen and decongestants were added to the mix as it developed into a chest infection and there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel after over 10 days of snot and coughing.
I had to drive to Melbourne to help Three and Amy with the kids (Amy had surgery and couldn't drive). At this stage of the lurgy I was just sniffly.
Every time I do a longish drive I try to explore new territory and this was no exception. I had seen the sign to the Cowwarr Weir and decided that this was the time to explore and I am so glad I did. It is a beautiful spot.
Sally and Alice had a dance concert and I was originally going to watch them but Lurgy coughs would have made me somewhat unwelcome so I suggested Alice be dropped back home so I could look after her while Sally completed the show. Turned out to be a good idea as a 5 hour dance concert was proving to be a bit much for a 3 year old who had already done her bit "on the stage, Granny".
I dropped the girls off to school and day care on Monday and Tuesday morning which meant they didn't have to get up early and in a rush. I took Amy for a medical review (and a much needed trip to Spotlight for sewing essentials).
My plans were to drive home on Tuesday but the Mermaid arrived home from a 5 week trip to Europe and asked me to stay with her to keep her awake to battle jetlag.
I did and it was so funny watching her struggle to stay awake. She was falling asleep mid conversation and was struggling to make sense of anything. They say sleep deprivation has the same effects as alcohol consumption and she did appear very, very drunk.
We went out for dinner at a restaurant I used to go to often when the kids were in primary school but haven't been to for nearly 30 years (it's just around the corner from where the Mermaid is now living). Nothing has changed. The menu is exactly the same (apart from the prices but even they are not over the top) ...
... and my favourite starters have not changed at all. Look the same and taste the same ...
The best bit was that as soon as the owner and I saw one another we recognised each other instantly. The sad bit was realising it was well over a quarter of a century ago. Where does the time go?
I came home on Wednesday and that is when the Lurgy kicked in with a vengeance so I have not left the house and have been sleeping over 12 hours each night.
This evening is the first time I have started to feel human again and able to string words together that make some sense.
My appetite has been significantly reduced but is that the Wegovy or the Lurgy? The next week will be interesting.
Three and his lot recently went to Bali and they brought this back for me. I could do with a warm, refreshed body right now ...








You certainly accomplished a lot considering you were on the sick list. Now try resting, maybe? Do what I say, not what I do!
ReplyDeleteIt's a blessing that the lurgy hit after you'd done your grandmotherly bit. Hope you're feeling much better now.
ReplyDeleteOh my Lord, that does sound like a Dreaded Lurgy! I know I'd heard (or most likely, read) the phrase but had never thought of its origins. I'm glad you're on the mend. You certainly have been busy, lady!
ReplyDeleteI imagine that your reduced appetite has to do with both the Wegovy and the Lurgy.
Don't we all want a warm and refreshed body?
That's some amusing English on that coffee package.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the lurgy! I hope it departs soon!
A FIVE-HOUR dance concert? For kids? That sounds overambitious, to say the least.
Your lurgi sounds like covid. I'm glad you're over it and home, although you did get to see your grandkids and friend:)
ReplyDeleteStay well my friend.
I'm so glad you are feeling better!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat coffee sounds delicious. Glad you are on the mend!
ReplyDeleteI hope your feeling much better soon To be so busy while having
ReplyDeleteThe lurgy is probably why it progressed.
As for the coffee. I not sure about it.
You might have to tell us about how it warmed and refreshed your body
Sounds like the same lurgy I had, it's making the rounds here in Adelaide, I got it from the twins and their younger cousin. The cough lasted a few days after everything else was over. I think I slept more during the day than I ever have before, and had to sleep at night sitting up against the pillows to reduce the coughing.
ReplyDeleteMy husband kindly gave me the lurgy. There was a particular sense of resentment since I almost never come down with things! Almost everyone I know has had it. I've only just finally said goodbye to the annoying cough.
ReplyDeleteHad to LOL about "Man Flu"!!! You got a lot done considering you were under the Weather, Healing Energies to you and Himself.
ReplyDelete