Sunday, 4 February 2007

Pissed off!!

I took some great photos of Sheba with a bag of carrots and went to put them on the computer only I can't find the lead that goes from the camera to the computer.

My mother rang today. She and Dad have decided to move into a retirement village. (Which means that SHE has decided to move into a retirement village and Dad will do whatever she wants). It's probably for the better as they are becoming quite frail and Mum has macular degeneration which means she will be legally blind in anywhere from two to seven years. This was the reason she gave for wanting to move. Dr. Teacher rang after I had spoken with Mum and he had been up to see them yesterday. Apparantly the move is happening because Mum is lonely and has no friends and wants to live in a community. She volunteers at the local op shop and could join the local elderly citizens' group and similar clubs but she is dependent on Dad to get her around and he really shouldn't be driving much. Also he is walking less and less and Dr. Teacher and I think that if they are living in a flat area they both might get out and about a bit.

In typical Mum style she has looked at a couple of brochures and picked the one she wants to move into! Sight unseen! I am going up there on Tuesday and we'll look at her brochures and I have sent them a link to a site that lists lots of places in Melbourne. Dr. Teacher is going up next weekend and will take them to see a few places. Fortunately, they can't put their house on the market until they get an idea of when a place will become available so we have some time to play with and hopefully make sure that they see as many places as possible.

I can see some stressful times coming up.

Himself is back up to Sydney early tomorrow morning. The weekend has flown by. We didn't do much at all today. I blobbed in front of the computer (lordy it's a time waster) and after Himself found out that he could use his high pressure hose in a bucket he washed his car with grey water. Anything to avoid doing his expense claims! Which he finally couldn't avoid any longer and he is now going into the Melbourne office to drop them off for signature and processing tomorrow.

The house is warming up and tomorrow is going to be a doozy. I plan to go to the movies.

I am feeling a bit flat at the moment.

Probably a combination of the heat, my parents, Himself and ingesting too much crap.

2 comments:

  1. Has Himself started looking for an apartment yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline,
    Thanks for the blog address update. I hope you enjoy your movie tomorrow.. what are you seeing? I sometimes go on my own when hubby's at work and my girl is at school. The last one I saw on my own was 'Borat'! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete