Thursday, 6 December 2007

Christmas is coming ....

... like a frigging freight train and I am so disorganised. And yet, in a weird way I'm not overly stressed. Yet.

Last Christmas was so full on with Stepson and his family staying, the huge Christmas Eve bash, a big family Christmas Day, Three getting gastro (boy, did he get gastro) on Christmas Night, recovering from gastro on Boxing Day and then having my side of the family on the 27th (which should have been Boxing Day but ... gastro). And then Two getting arrested on the 29th at which point all things Christmas were removed from the house. I needed to do something physical.

This year has been really mixed up with super good and awful bad. I'm ready for 2008. Also the boys are well and truly grown up now so I think it's time we changed things around a bit and made the whole thing more adult and laid back.

I'm just not sure how!!

And on that note I shall get ready for work.

Oh, I went to the oncology department's Christmas bash at the medical director's house (an annual event ... and that's a bloody stupid statement, I've just realised!). It was OK. I'm glad I went cos I got to catch up with my old mates. Yet more comments on my weight loss. Including my ex boss telling the most senior administrative person there (she's dizzyingly high on the exec ... and a bit of a tyrant) how much weight I'd lost. Which I didn't feel comfortable with at all. Two was unable to drive me in the end cos he had to work til 1.00am on some crisis so I went back to a friend's place which meant that I didn't get changed but if I'd come home I would have stayed here.

And now I really am going to work.

Catch ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment