
These two were taken at Two's 21st. It was the night of the meltdown and a week before I started this amazing journey. I was wearing size 16 stretch pants and the shirts were 18 and 20. And tight. I was miserable.
These two were taken last night. In the top I'm dancing with Three. I still have a long way to go but the dress is a medium (size 14). And I am happy.Yesterday we went shopping. I bought the above dress as well as a couple of skirts and three tops. The skirts are 14 and the tops are medium. I am wearing one of the skirts today. It feels so good to be wearing a skirt again. Especially as it's actually a little loose! The highlight of the day was trying on some size 12 shorts. And I could get them up and do them up! They were a little tight so I tried on a stretch pair which were fine but the zip was sewn in badly and they didn't have another pair in a size 12. I'm not fussed as I know that by the end of Summer I will be smaller again. I have enough clothes now to see me through and I may need to get some of them taken in in a couple of months.
We had a great time last night. The birthday girl was the Mermaid's daughter and I've known her all her life. It was so good to be out with the three boys and Himself. The boys had fun dancing and chatting up sundry females but were still happy to stand around and laugh and chat with their aging parents.
Today is hot and windy. I was going to go back to the shopping centre to try and get a start on the Christmas shopping for the boys but it will be packed so I'll go next week or even after work one evening. It would help if they would give me their Christmas lists!
One has had to go into work and I'll go and pick him up when he's finished. He didn't drive his car as he had a few beers last night and never drives if there is the slightest chance of him being over the limit. I'm sure he would be fine but I'm happy he has the sense to not risk driving when he's not sure.
Himself has gone to Bunnings to get a cord for the lawnmower. Three has just gone out with a mate to look at cars (for the mate, not Three ... Three has an old Subaru Liberty which we swapped with Two and GGF for One's old Mitsubishi Verada and will be getting fixed up for him. He's currently driving the old Benz which Himself wants him to sell when the Liberty is driveable ... confused? You should try being here).
I thought about a bike ride or a walk but it really is unpleasant out there. So I think I might pop down to Bentleigh and have a look at the shops and maybe grab a coffee. Or I could put my feet up and read a book. Or I could do both!
There is a Target Country in Bentleigh and I think I'll see if they have some tshirts. The ones I bought a few weeks ago are all 16 and are getting a bit loose. They are OK to run in but I want something a bit more fitted for wearing with jeans and my new skirt.
Jeeez, life's good at the moment.
Wow! You're looking fantastic!!! Seriously inspirational. I'm totally impressed :D
ReplyDeleteAw! That picture of you dancing with Three is sweet.
ReplyDeleteLooking good, Miz Cazza.