Sunday, 2 March 2008

Next weekend, maybe next weekend.

Every Friday night we plan our attack on the house convinced that by Sunday evening it will be spick and span and ready to sell.

Every Sunday night we think that maybe it will all be done by NEXT weekend.

The carpets haven't come up as well as we would have liked but I have placed furniture in strategic spots and that will have to do. This weekend I have washed every fucking wall in the house. Three times. Once with sugar soap, then a wet rag to rinse and then dried with a towel. I cannot believe the difference it has made. The place look so clean and fresh. Himself painted the front doors. The step was worn and needed painting so he gave the doors a coat as well and I can't believe the difference THAT has made. I think it is so important to have the front of your house looking as good a possible. First impressions and all that. By the time the prospective purchaser gets to the back of the house they will have decided whether or not they are interested.

I need to get into the laundry and tidy that up, clean the shower recesses and make sure the bathrooms are sparkling. The kitchen cupboards need washing down and I might tidy them in case anyone takes a peek inside. But I can do that anytime until Easter.

So this time next weekend I might be sitting in a house that just needs to be regularly dusted and vacuumed. Once the open for inspections start (the week after Easter) and we start to get some feedback as to what price people are prepared to pay Himself and I can start realistically planning what we can afford to replace.

Yesterday we went down to Bonbeach and caught up with Neil and Suze. Although I communicate with Suze on a regular basis (email is a wonderful thing) we haven't seen each other face to face for some weeks. We sat on their balcony and had a drink or two watching the birdlife on the lake and golf course. Then we wondered along the path on the levee and had a look at what's been happening with our house. Every other place in the stage has some degree of framework up. They haven't even poured our slab!! We aren't concerned as they are moving along at a great pace.

Today Other Brother and Mrs Other came over as they are down from Canberra for a couple of days. I took them down and showed them the place and we slowly strolled down to the beach and back (very slowly as Mrs Other is getting over 'flu). It was a perfect day. Blue skies and sunshine but not too hot. Lots of people out and about on the bike path, the river and the bay. Just glorious. I think Mrs Other is a bit envious (she would love to move back to Melbourne) and both she and Other Brother approve of our move. I was able to take them through the house-prepared-earlier so they could get an idea of what ours will be like.

The feet have been a bit iffy this weekend. I think new orthotics will do the trick eventually but I have been in quite a bit of pain. Icing and stretching seems to help. I am so looking forward to exercising again. Mind you, I have done a fair bit of cardio work washing those damned walls. Worked up quite a sweat, I did.

We went to a couple of auctions yesterday and were encouraged by the results. They were conducted by the agents we have signed with and were also very impressed with the auctioneer. He really knows the area and sells it and the properties well.

Back to work tomorrow. A 5 day week and then three 4 day weeks (labour day and Easter). In April I will have two 4 day weeks (an ADO and Anzac day) and then I will be doing a course that runs over 3 days on two consecutive weeks so that will be an interesting break. And then we will be well into May.

Have a great week.

1 comment: