Today I went and had my hair cut (getting shorter) and coloured. Then I caught up with the Mermaid for coffee and came home and did sweet bugger all.
One moves into his new apartment tomorrow with Ebs. We saw it last night in the fading light. It is very nice and very One. Himself, Two and Three will help them move. I will stay home. I can't lift anything that they can't manage and it's not my place to put things away. That's the best bit about moving, especially when it's your first place away from home. Ebs' mum might help but that's her job. Not mine as mother of the boy. So I will do a quick dust and vac.
Next Wednesday is our 32nd wedding anniversary. I had suggested going to Tassie for a few days but Himself got all picky about air fares and "what do you want to do" so I suggested Canberra but that would have been two days driving and hardly any time there. Then he suggested Lakes' Entrance but I figure why drive for 4 hours to stay in a motel, eat at crappy restaurants, walk on a beach and play golf when we have a perfectly good house, plenty of crappy (and not so crappy restaurants), a lovely beach and a fabulous golf course RIGHT HERE! Plus he has bitched and moaned about his bad back but won't see anyone so I told him that I was NOT going to sit in a car for hours with him so he could make his back worse. So, at the moment we will be staying home.
That could, of course, change at any time.
Today was a perfect autumn day. I should really have played golf but I am feeling somewhat knackered at the moment so I'm glad I have just pottered. The sun is going down and the light reflecting off the houses on the other side of the river is just gorgeous. No wind, birds singing and sun sparkling on the river.
I think it's going to be a lovely weekend.
Hope yours is.
I agree... why go away when staying home is the better alternative!
ReplyDeleteWe could go to our beach house in Whitianga, but are having too much fun exploring our new home turf!
Have a great weekend chick.