Thursday, 9 April 2009

Autumn ...

I love Autumn.  The nights are getting chilly.  Daylight saving is FINALLY over.  The days are still fairly warm but with the crispness that hints at winter.  The rain we have had has started to turn things green again and there is a sense of the world settling down after the chaos of summer.

Unfortunately it's also germ time and so many people have come down with colds and other odd viral infections.  My colleague with whom I have been immunising has a nasty cold and I have the vague headaches and sore throat that suggest something is brewing.  I just don't feel quite right.

But, I have days off and I intend to make the most of them.  I spent most of Tuesday sitting on the couch cross stitching as I had to work late into the evening.  I was home by midnight so it wasn't as bad as I first thought.  Yesterday I caught up with the mermaid and went to the butcher.  Today, Three and I are going to see Knowing, do some supermarket shopping and One and Ebs are over for dinner.  Speaking of One, he will be moving into a brand spanking new one bedroom apartment not quite 15 minutes away.  I am very happy to have him closer and he is very happy to be living in an area with everything a young couple could want.  Pubs, public transport, night clubs, supermarket, bottle shops, beach .... you get the idea!!

Tomorrow I will  play 9 holes with One, Two and maybe Fireman Sam.  Then I shall make a truffle cake for dessert on Saturday.  We are having two couples for dinner on Saturday night.  So Saturday we will potter around making sure the place is clean and tidy and preparing as much beforehand as I don't want to be clattering around in the kitchen when our friends are here.

Sunday ... who knows.  Monday - golf.

And some sitting and reading and sitting and cross stitching and some walks by the river.

And now I am going to the movies.

Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment