I still have to plant the freesias in the front bed but I'm having a very bludgy day today.
Last evening we went to the club for dinner. Thank goodness we go for the company, not the food! Himself and I ordered roast beef ... only it was corned beef that he thought was normal beef and he roasted it. It was disgustingly salty so we sent it back. As did several others. Some people seemed to just plough through. It really wasn't good enough. The cook said it should be OK but he hadn't tasted it! WTF? They should have pulled it from the menu. It's not as if they were busy.
I rang my mother to see how she was. I don't think I'll bother any more. The last time I spoke to her (Dr Teacher had asked me to check on them when he went away for a few days) she told me I didn't have to ring her every day. Today she was mono-syllabic and clearly didn't want to talk to me. My aunt had rung her earlier and rang me very upset because mother said her leg wasn't healing and she was going to have to go back to hospital. I spoke to Dr Teacher and he said that the hip had healed fine but her heel was infected and she is on antibiotics but it's not healing as well as it should. The doctor had said she MIGHT have to go back if things don't improve. She lives on rice crackers, white wine and soda water. She says she can't eat anything else. She isn't going to heal if she doesn't get something decent into her but her obsession with gaining weight overrules everything else. Dr Teacher will go round there this afternoon and ring me when he gets back. Seriously, though, I don't want to ring her again or go and see her if she is going to behave as if it is a chore to speak to me. It's so difficult and I feel so guilty.
Cross stitching beckons. Rain is forecast for the afternoon so it's a good day to sit on the couch.
Ha ha! I am using a Bernina at the moment, but an upgrading to... a Husqvarna! Was going to be a Janome, but have been talked out of it by my Patchwork Tutor!
ReplyDeleteThe zig-zag was done so tightly that my tutor called it Satin Stitch... just a wide tight stitch really. It looks neat though... even if the ladies in class today were mad with me for finishing already! Pfffft. I like to get on and do it, not wait till the following week to do the next step!
ARe you nuts? I am sure I am boring quite enough people already by posting the photos I do publish!
ReplyDeleteStep by step would drive everyone away!
Maybe you are the only nut out there? LOL