We had friends for dinner on Saturday night. It was a great success and the table looked lovely (see c) above). The meal was nearly all prepared before so the kitchen stayed clutter free (and disaster free!).
I played golf on Friday with One, Two and Three (great fun), on Sunday with Two and GGF (superb weather and a lovely round of golf) and again yesterday with a friend (still glorious weather but pathetic golf ... not helped by smashing the club into the ground on the second hole and badly jarring my right hand which made the rest of the round rather uncomfortable!)
Himself was working in the garage on Friday afternoon and managed to drill his hand to a piece of wood (insert poor taste Good Friday/crucifixion joke). He then had to UNDRILL said hand. He came upstairs requesting first aid (before I knew what he'd done) and then proceeded to dance around the bathroom holding his hand in the air as I tried to get a look at it. His comment "you're a fucking nurse DO something" did not go down well as I couldn't DO anything cos I couldn't SEE the damn thing!! Eventually I was able to get a look (which was when we realised he had drilled through the hand - but fortunately the fleshy bit twixt thumb and forefinger heading towards the palm). He was lucky ... a few mms to the right and he would have hit bone and other nasty bits.
Also fortunate that I had not long got home from golf with 1,2 & 3. And was in the process of making the dessert for Saturday. A divine (if I say so myself) chocolate truffle cake. And so easy. And rich. The entree and main course were light so all was good!
On Sunday I briefly caught up with my parents. Dr Teacher and his wife had arranged lunch as Other Brother and Mrs Other were down. Mother made out that she couldn't get in the car but dad let slip that she finds the family too tiring. Which means that when we are all together she doesn't have enough attention directed at her. Sounds bitchy but the truth. 'Nuff of that. I don't want to turn into her! So lunch was lovely. Himself was behind in his weekend project so I told him to stay home and work ... slowly and carefully! Then I came home and played golf with 2 and ggf and they stayed for dinner.
Back at work today. I need to have a meeting with boss and colleagues so we can get the department working more efficiently. At the moment this job sharing is not working. We need to allocate specific tasks so we don't spend half our time working out what someone else has or hasn't done.
Good diet and plenty of exercise? *pphhtttt*
And on that note I am going to cook dinner. Hope your Easter was full of family and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment