Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Heads up

Next Wednesday I am flying out of Melbourne to stay with my aunt in Far North Queensland. Himself will follow a week later and we will spend a few more days with her and then go on to Cairns. We will be home late 0n saturday the 15th August.

This has all happened very quickly. I have too much annual leave and the aunt sounds lonely. Also Himself needs to use up some annual leave and really needs a break. He is taking all of August off. I am taking 3 weeks.

This week is my long week (3 days instead of 2 ... I know you feel for me!!!) which gives me 4 days to get ready to leave. I have to shop for clothes (Far North Queensland, folks!), make lists, pack, find the camera (specially for you, MizS), load the ipod, worry that the family won't cope, make One a pair of pyjamas and another pair for GGF as her's didn't fit. You know what it's like when you decide to go away for a holiday. At a week's notice.

And NOW I have plenty to keep me busy at work!!

So ... if I get back here, I get back here. And if I don't, I haven't thrown my apron over my head and run away. I will be back after the 15th August. With photos. And stories of my aunt. And maybe a tan (not that we do that sort of thing in Australia in Far North Queensland). Who am I kidding. I will be out there getting pink at the earliest opportunity.

Now I have to go and have dinner. And make lists for Far North Queensland.

But I will try to pop back just quickly before I go.

Far North Queensland, here I come!!!

So

2 comments:

  1. I will await pics anxiously. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a blast! Don't forget to check out all the fabric shops! I would love to SEE some of your sewing chick!

    ReplyDelete