Monday, 13 July 2009

Where DOES the weekend go?

Friday. Went to my PT session and really enjoyed it. Then caught up with Dr Teacher and his son, Cousin It. We had a lovely walk along the beach and a good brother sister chat. Things are still tough for him but he is hanging in there and I admire and respect him for the way he is handling this.

On Friday night we went to the club for dinner and it was great. The food was like it used to be and the company, as always, was lovely. We are back there again this Friday for a function and then I am happy to give the 'normal' Friday night dining another go and hope that last Friday wasn't an anomaly.

When Dr. T and I got back from our walk there were 3 missed calls from the same number on my phone. I rang the number and it was the Lancome counter at the local department store offering me a facial. OH YEAH!! So on Saturday morning Himself and I went to the butcher and he dropped me off at the Lancome counter and I had a blissfully pampering facial. And a complementary make up afterwards. And I've booked for a complementary makeup lesson on Wednesday (I am hopeless with makeup ... I guess it's never too late to learn, eh?)

Lots of running around on Saturday as seems to be the norm. We bought One's birthday pressie (25 .... arrrgh!), went to spotlight, supermarket, Borders and other places I can't remember. (Oh, and I sewed Two a pair of jammie pants on Friday!).

Sunday was One's birthday. I went for a walk in the morning and came home to sew. He and Ebs arrived mid afternoon and he and Two played 9 holes. I made him a cake. Chocolate butterscotch. Looked really bad (I have a photo but can't get phone to talk to computer) but tasted deeeelishus. Ingredients? Well not Weight Watchers, that's for sure! 250g butter, cocoa powder, flour, eggs, brown sugar, golden syrup and milk. That's the cake. Then 250g marscapone cheese whisked with 300 mls of cream. And a caramel icing (brown sugar, butter, milk and icing mixture). Cut cake into three and assemble with cream/cheese mix and icing. As I said, looked really bad but oh. so. yummy! We had a lovely family dinner full of laughs and One loved his pressies (we gave him a blue ray player ... that means that Three might get his back - he lent it to One, bless him).

And then, surprise, back to work today. It was a pretty good day but I am sitting here feeling a tad not-quite-right. I really hope that it doesn't develop into an Influenza Like Illness (ILI) as that means I will have to quarantine myself and I have meetings to attend tomorrow and my makeup lesson on Wednesday and the Mermaid to catch up with and the phone shop to visit on thursday to see about getting a new phone (but it has to talk to the blue tooth in my car so needs someone to check things out) and Himself is having a lipoma (fatty lump) removed from his thigh on Thursday afternoon and I am dropping him off and picking him up (hence phone stuff in the waiting time).

So I can't get sick.

On that note I'm going to have dinner (reheated roast beef with veges - sounds gross but not).

And I'll figure out what to do with the look of this thing one day. Until then ... you get what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment