Thursday, 9 July 2009

A productive day!

Up and out for a walk. It was very chilly and the sun had no warmth in it as it was coming up but it was a glorious morning. The bay, after being so rough over the weekend, was almost like a mill pond.

I came home, had some porridge and dates for breakfast and then attacked the house. It wasn't that grubby but I gave it a really good going over. Stripped bed and did several loads of washing. Polished all the horizontal surfaces. Cleaned ensuite and powder room. Vacuumed. Down on hands and knees to wash floors. It doesn't sound like much especially as I didn't do downstairs but I am knackered. It took me about 4 hours without stopping. Then a late lunch (soup and a piece of toast if you're interested!) and then to the supermarket for the makings for dinner. And a couple of bunches of daffodils. The first I've seen this season so I had to have them! Home. Another walk down to the beach and back. Made the bed (had to move the cats!). Assembled cannelloni for dinner. And by then it was 5.30 and Himself was pulling into the driveway.

I didn't get around to cutting out Two's PJ pants and thought about going downstairs now but I think my bum is glued to the stool and I won't be going anywhere except to put dinner in the oven, throw together a salad and refill the wine glass! After dinner I will probably cross stitch and watch the box. Tonight should see the frustrating bit of the design complete and then I will start to enjoy myself again. I can't be hating it too much as I have checked out cross stitch kits on ebay! Nothing like having enough craft to keep you busy for the next 12 months to prompt further purchases!

Tomorrow ... Personal Training session first up. I am hoping to catch up with Dr Teacher for a proper chat. Then dinner at the club. I'm hoping that this will become a semi regular fixture again. I do enjoy the club and its proximity but the food has let it down of recent times. Depending on time constraints I am hoping to get into the sewing room. Dr Teacher will probably be staying with us for a couple of weeks in August so I want to get all the garments assembled before I have to dismantle my room. It was designed for this sort thing so will be easy but I don't want to be dressmaking in the dining room. I can bring my sewing machine upstairs and cut and sew patchwork so that will be my focus then.

Think I'll get dinner on the go and then go and veg.

Today was good.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I have a super productive day like that! Sadly, they are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete