He shares the same obsessive qualities that I do. He, and only he, understands why I had to buy a new toaster because the old one (well, not that old, really!) had a dent in it. Only Two understands why I am shitty cos I can't find my iPod earphones and no, another brand won't do. Only I understand his dismay when he got a tiny little scratch on a golf club. And when we joked that he had to buy a new one we understood that deep down it wasn't really a joke (only neither he nor I would buy a new club for such a small scratch ... yet).
He is fiercely independent and hates taking money from us (the other two have no such qualms!) but is incredibly grateful when we do throw some his way (as are the other two, don't get me wrong!)
He also feels other people's pain intensely and tries to do anything he can to alleviate or prevent it. That is a life lesson that he is learning the hard way (as he learns all his life lessons).
He understands my love/hate relationship with running.
This evening he rang me as he was driving home and said he would be going for a run if I wanted to join him.
So I did.
And although I thought I would die and wanted to stop I wasn't going to let him think his mother was a complete wuss and he talked me into running further than I have for months and months and months. And then he talked me into doing it back the other way.
And I feel fabulous.
I am taking my running gear to FNQ and plan to really get stuck into it. I have looked up my aunt's place on google earth and plotted the runs I plan to make. They aren't any amazing distances but are achievable and the route I've chosen breaks down nicely to provide a bit more of a challenge each day.
I'll miss my new running partner, though!
Awwww that is so lovely. I love my middle son too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the running, I don't know how you do it! (yeah yeah, I know, one foot in front of the other..... ) but I can't do it!
Aw. What a good boy he is. I love how close you are with all your boys. You are a wonderful mom. xo
ReplyDelete